Corona Beach? where is it?

tropics

• 3 months later...

When I was there in Nov. someone was renting jet ski's at the beach by Corona's but, I don't think they were associated with them.

BTW- I think the $35 Carnival charges is worth every penny. Yes, it is free to get there and free to enter, but I know I drank $35 worth of beer and margaritas. The $1 beer are small, I think only 8 oz. and on a hot day they go down quick and easy. I'm not sure how much they charge for the margaritas, don't think its $1. Also, we got free chips, salsa, pico de gillo and guacamole. It was GREAT. Pay the $35 to Carnival and you don't have to worry about a thing; including carrying all those small bills.

Does anyone know if I can rent skidoos on Corona Beach?

KMsolo,

If you do rent a Ski-doo, remember dont stop as it will sink when the momentum is lost. They actually work better on snow than water. Now if you are talking about a Sea-doo, then they float. :) They are a couple of rental places along the beach.

Dave

KMsolo,

If you do rent a Ski-doo, remember dont stop as it will sink when the momentum is lost. They actually work better on snow than water. Now if you are talking about a Sea-doo, then they float. :) They are a couple of rental places along the beach.

Dave

Dave

haha, I never thought twice about the ski/sea doo thing. I'm from Phoenix- I don't get to use either of these machines! Sorry... Thanks for making me smile!

~K

Dave

haha, I never thought twice about the ski/sea doo thing. I'm from Phoenix- I don't get to use either of these machines! Sorry... Thanks for making me smile!

~K

Dont feel bad, we dont have the Ski-doos here in Mississippi either. Not that I am complaining as I hate cold weather. One more good reason for cruising in the winter.

Dave

Not that I am complaining as I hate cold weather. One more good reason for cruising in the winter.

Dave

I'll drink to that!:D Did anyone mention that Coronas are $1@ at Corona Beach? I normally don't drink, but at a buck a bottle, what the hey?

• 1 year later...
You can also get the $1 Coronas on the main drag in Cozumel. It is in a bar on the corner past the main square.

Dave

Excellent! Thanks Dave....definitely have a few there before we pay our friend PB Tom a visit. :p

• 4 weeks later...
With beer anywhere in Progreso at one or two dollars, how in the world can the Corona Beachbreak at $35 be a good value?

it's not...thats why you don't book it thru the cruise ship and just go on your own.:cool:

With beer anywhere in Progreso at one or two dollars, how in the world can the Corona Beachbreak at $35 be a good value?

It isn't H. My wife and I went to Le Saint Bonnet (per your advice), spent 6 hours there, ate like Vikings, drank 12 Dos Equis and it cost us 27 bucks including tip.

DON'T waste your money on Corona Beach excursion!!

Corona Beach Break - $35/FYI-This is copied from the RC excursion page.

At the base of the world's longest pier, Puerto Progreso is a sleepy little fishing village that is just being discovered now that cruise ships have started arriving regularly.

This is a great tour for those wanting to explore the history of this quaint village with its sea front street, the Malecon, the cake house, "La casa del Pastel", and the old homes on the way to "Pluma y Lapiz", plus enjoy the warm embrace of relaxation Mexican Style for a few hours.

Your bus will drive you past all the points of interest while your guide entertains you with the colorful background of each. Then you will be taken to the main square of Progreso and go to the CORONA beach restaurant. You will be left to your own devices at this point. The beach area, which is for your use, has complimentary lounge chairs and umbrellas for lounging in the sun or the shade.

A Mexican Open Bar will keep your spirits swaying to the gentle rhythms of the tropical music. For those choosing to do so, a short saunter across the street is where you can do a little shopping in a variety of stores featuring great bargains on Mexican handicrafts. If the shopping gets too hot, a swim in the ocean awaits. Actually, and appropriately, it's the Gulf of Mexico, and most of our guests spend most of their time right there on the beach.

Two hours after you were picked up at your cruise ship, the first of two buses will depart to return you to your ship. And then one hour after that, the open bar will close and the second and last bus will leave for the ship. You can stay longer if you like and return on your own using the local transportation services, (taxi cab). But remember, between you and your ship is the world's longest pier. You do not really want to walk those four miles.

Just thought I would toss this info in, I booked before looking at this...It is just words from the cruise line...time will tell if the tour matches description...I'll post in February with the low down...

No problem. Superior is available everywhere. Two other favotites of mine are Modelo Especial which I can get here in NC and also Montejo, not exported.

For good food, try the whole deep fried fish at Le Saint Bonnet.

Hey Trot,

If you want to loaf on the beach, pick a spot in front of the resturant and tell them where you will be. They will bring drinks to you while you loaf. I don't know about eating on the beach though. It was always so windy that we would be eating sand with our camerones.:( The food is very good and it is a great place to veg.

• 3 weeks later...

Progresso has the longest pier in the world, 6 miles long. You get off the ship. Catch the free bus. The Corona Beach is free to all. Carnival makes an excursion out of it. They may have a seperate area with beach chairs. You take the same bus as everyone else.:confused: WHY because they can.

Bob

Archived