ages in same cabin

There are 4 people in the same cabin, ages 25,20,20, and 17. All of them are friends none related and none traveling with parents. Anyone out there ever have a similar situation? RCCL customer service told us all that is needed is a notorized letter for the 17 year old from her parents. They didnt say anything was needed for the 20 year olds, but I want to make sure so we dont run into any problems! Any info is appreciated! Thanks!

(by the way, everyone is already paid for and RCCL has everyone's info and doesnt appear to have any problems as long as there is at least one person age 25 in the cabin)

I have a 17yo and a 14yo travelinig with my family in the same room and their parents aren't on the cruise either. RCCL didn't even mention a notarized ltr to me from their parents. They'll have their passports and I will have their parents sign a letter about medical releasing, just in case. What is the notarized ltr for anyway?

We just returned from the Jewel and I was asked at check-in for a notarized letter from the parents of my daughter's friends who were traveling with us. The girls are both 16 and it was clearly spelled out in our cruise docs that these letters were necessary so we were prepared. I believe it stated for those guests 17 and under. Boarding was a breeze and the cruise was wonderful!!

My 17 year old daughter has travelled many times without us in the past. Get a notorized letter from your lawyer, we always send one. They can refuse to board you on an airplane or cruise ship without the letter. It is a must. It has to say the dates they will be gone, where they are going, that the parents have given them permission to travel without them and also it should list their birth date. It must be notarized and signed by parents or guardian and lawyer.

Archived