2 questions; cell phones and parasailing

kwombough

Hi, I am going on my first cruise to bermuda in May on NCL. I have a verizon cell phone (not a smart phone no email, no internet) I want to know what is the best way to keep in contact with home. I read that I can buy minutes from NCL or change my plan to international. Has anyone done this and is it worth it?

My second question is me and my mom really want to go parasailing while in Bermuda but there is none through NCL. Does anyone know a good parasailing company in Bermuda, we don't want to go off with someone sketchy or get ripped off. Your help will be VERY helpful!!!

Hi, I am going on my first cruise to bermuda in May on NCL. I have a verizon cell phone (not a smart phone no email, no internet) I want to know what is the best way to keep in contact with home. I read that I can buy minutes from NCL or change my plan to international. Has anyone done this and is it worth it?

My second question is me and my mom really want to go parasailing while in Bermuda but there is none through NCL. Does anyone know a good parasailing company in Bermuda, we don't want to go off with someone sketchy or get ripped off. Your help will be VERY helpful!!!

Calls from the ship thru Cellular at Sea while the ships is at sea are $2.49 a minute. Fairly steep. An international plan won't do you any good while at sea. While in Bermuda the calls were .69 cents a minute when I still had Verizon, they have a roaming partner there, which was four years ago. You can check current rates on the Verizon web site. The most economical way to keep in contact with home is text messages.

Saw your question on Verizon and remembered reading a recently posted thread which had been posted by a CC member as a preventative education on using Verizon. I don't know for sure if this would apply to you but it may be worthwhile in reading it. Start reading with post #1 of this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1322147

SBtS

Saw your question on Verizon and remembered reading a recently posted thread which had been posted by a CC member as a preventative education on using Verizon. I don't know for sure if this would apply to you but it may be worthwhile in reading it. Start reading with post #1 of this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1322147

SBtS

The person who asked the question said he used a dumbphone so it would not apply.

The person who posted in the other thread considered themselves to be tech savvy. They were not. A tech savvy person would know that a personal hotspot would have to use data. It connects to the cell data and and creates a wi fi hot spot from that.

i have a dumb tmobile phone, will that work or should i get a smartphone?

The major US cell carriers, AT&T, Sprint, Verizon and TMobile will roam on Cellular at Sea on ships and all have roaming agreements in Bermuda. But not all phones may work and maybe not on all ships and they all have different rates. You can check on your carriers web site.

TMobile for some reason has the highest roaming rates, $4.99 per minute on a ship compared to AT&T whih is $2.49 a minute. I think their rate for bermuda is higher than the other carriers to.

Archived