Onyx Band on Connie

DebMcMahon

Just returned from an awesome cruise on the Constellation. This was our second time on this ship and we just love the band "Onyx". Does anyone know where we can purchase a copy of their CD? They were sold out on the ship.

Thanks!

Just returned from an awesome cruise on the Constellation. This was our second time on this ship and we just love the band "Onyx". Does anyone know where we can purchase a copy of their CD? They were sold out on the ship.

Thanks!

I'm doing the constellation March 26. Did you happe nto do the Grenada all day excursion. If so how was the food etc.?:)

Thanks!

Could you tell me all the entertainment on the ship? Like the onboard guitar player. Also did Onyx have a Pan player in the band?:confused:

Just curious: Where did this band play dance music at night? On prior cruise it was in forward band which I now understand has been converted to the Cirque venue and told it no longer has live party band dancing there.

Singer Junior from Onyx

from

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=1120

resident reggae band, Onyx, started playing

from

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/feature/millie1-2001.cfm

Onyx has disbanded and the lead singer

from

http://www.info-res.com/ehill/reviews/zen2.htm

Onyx played twice at night....in the Rendevous (sp.) Lounge and outside at the pool area. They always played at the sail-aways which is fun! I don't know if they will be on upcoming cruises. As far as Grenada, we went to the

beach by water taxi, then went back to the ship by a land taxi. The island buildings were devasted by the hurricane so I'm not sure where they bring you on an all day excursion. Have a wonderful time...........the Constellation is a classy ship!!

I am not sure if I missed something or not with regards to this band. My wife and I just sailed on 3/05 Constellation and thought that they were playing too many slow songs during the day. They would play a couple of upbeat songs and then would kill the party with songs that should be played at a ballroom dance class!!!! If you are by the pool and hanging out during the day, the steel drums should be buzzing and carribean music in the air! We were a bit disappointed and did spent a lot of time by the pool.

I am not sure if I missed something or not with regards to this band. My wife and I just sailed on 3/05 Constellation and thought that they were playing too many slow songs during the day. They would play a couple of upbeat songs and then would kill the party with songs that should be played at a ballroom dance class!!!! If you are by the pool and hanging out during the day, the steel drums should be buzzing and carribean music in the air! We were a bit disappointed and did spent a lot of time by the pool.

I'm with ya PeteM! That is our one main gripe about Celebrity's pool bands - just as it starts getting fun it slows to a halt! I'm certainly not looking for Carnival party crazy but I do want some island music while lying in the sun by the pool not mellow stuff! Thanks for letting me know I am not the only one! :)

Archived