First Timer, Freedom of the Seas Q's :)

Hello everyone! My soon to be husband and I will be cruising on the Freedom of the Seas April 10-17 for our honeymoon and we have a few questions for you regulars!:)

1) Is the Freedom FUN? I mean it looks fun, sounds fun, but what were your thoughts?

2) I do yoga on a daily basis and want to do it on the cruise. I see they have classes for an additional charge, however I'm more of a free spirit. So my question is, can I bring my own mat and take it to a secluded place on the ship and practice yoga? I would love to feel the Caribbean air while practicing! :)

3) We booked a balcony stateroom toasted the back of the ship. Is there any difference, as far as motion, between the back, front, and middle?

4) Which speciality restaurants do you recommend? My hubby to be is a finicky eater: American and Italian, and the occasional Asian food; and I love everything.

5)My fiancé is a past cruiser, so does that mean we will get to attend the "Captains Dinner"?

Any other tips are welcomed! :) Thanks so much!

Hello everyone! My soon to be husband and I will be cruising on the Freedom of the Seas April 10-17 for our honeymoon and we have a few questions for you regulars!:)

1) Is the Freedom FUN? I mean it looks fun, sounds fun, but what were your thoughts?

2) I do yoga on a daily basis and want to do it on the cruise. I see they have classes for an additional charge, however I'm more of a free spirit. So my question is, can I bring my own mat and take it to a secluded place on the ship and practice yoga? I would love to feel the Caribbean air while practicing! :)

3) We booked a balcony stateroom toasted the back of the ship. Is there any difference, as far as motion, between the back, front, and middle?

4) Which speciality restaurants do you recommend? My hubby to be is a finicky eater: American and Italian, and the occasional Asian food; and I love everything.

5)My fiancé is a past cruiser, so does that mean we will get to attend the "Captains Dinner"?

Any other tips are welcomed! :) Thanks so much!

The freedom is an amazing ship. I personally had a ton of fun on it. Rock climbing, basketball, dodgeball, the Flowrider! The solarium is a great spot to relax. Also, when it gets later and no one is looking, the H20 zone is a great spot to have fun in too.

There are tons of places you'd be able to sneak away and do Yoga- deck 4 outside would be ideal.

I've never stayed that far back so I can't comment.

I ate at both Chops and portifino. Both were excellent.

We also had a ball on the freedom! You'll have more movement in the back of the ship but it shouldn't affect your cruise unless you run into a storm. You will find plenty of spaces to put your mat and practice yoga. Heck, your balcony might be the perfect place. Portofino is the italian restaurant .... yummy! If your husband is a past cruiser of Royal Caribbean, please make sure he's enrolled in the Crown and Anchor Society. It's not automatic. He will receive an invitation to the cocktail party that they have for past RCI cruisers. It's not a dinner however. They will offer certain drinks as well as something they will call champagne.

Hi,

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage. I think you'll find cruising to be very addictive. I know we did. :D

as far as the ship movement in the back versus front, etc.., I am one that tends towards motion sickness. We purposely book mid ship (towards the hump). Since we like a balcony we don't have to worry about being to low in the ship, but generally mid ship hi versus low can help too. What I have found when we've cruised before is that you can feel the engines all the way up to the Windjammer so I would imagine I would not want to feel that in my cabin. But everyone is different. I have a friend that loves that feeling. Also, we like to keep an eye on what's above and below our cabin (night clubs, pool, whatever).

Whatever you choose, you're sure to have a good time.

Erika

A TA who specializes in cruises can help you choose a balcony cabin that doesn't have anything above, below or next to something that is worrisome for noise, movement, etc. Doesn't cost anything to transfer your reservation to a TA. You might even get an OBC out of it. Have the future hubby register with C&A to make sure you get the recognition for past cruiser events, if he's not already registered. We prefer to be mid-ship because of movement, and proximity to elevators, etc. This is a BIG ship and if you forget something in your room or return to it often, you have a long, long walk. You will be able to find space for your private yoga session. We haven't tried cabins at the front or back of the ship, so I can't personally speak for any problems or advantages. We will be on FOS in July and we are counting the days!!!

Wow thank you guys for your tips! :) Much appreciated! My husband to be is registered, haha I made of sure of that when I found out;) Thank you guys for your tips and recommendations, hopefully I won't get sea sick, I should be fine! :), we will be extremely relaxed, and who knows maybe we'll like the engine noise, we do prefer a fan on at night :) !

Cruisin' in 24 days

Archived