Chukka Beach Break

CantWaitToCruise3

This turned out to be a super excursion after all :).

We got loaded into our jeeps - drove to Punta Sur and there is a beautiful shore line that you drive along - went to see the crocs and then to the lighthouse...not far past that is the beach stop with hammocks in the shade and chairs in the sun. Of course, you could always take your chair over by the hammocks if you wanted. There's a bar with packaged snacks, showers & rest rooms. The snorkelling is not excellent IMHO but it's good enough.

Then after an hour'ish+ it seemed, back into the jeeps to a resort near the pier for a mexican lunch. You walk back to the ship from there. Hope that helps everyone - we were a party of 5 and we all thoroughly enjoyed this excursion.

Oh darn, I am so red faced...just got back and stupid :).

Yes yes yes you are right - sorry folks I was describing a jeep/snorkel excursion on

Cozumel. So sorry.

But we did do Chuka Beach Break in Falmouth also.

Loved it! Nice beach, short transport, shade if you want it, adequate lunch and

extremely friendly staff. In fact, this was my favorite stop on the cruise...not crowded at

all and just peaceful.

Sorry for the other post, hope everyone is not totally confused!!!

Oh darn, I am so red faced...just got back and stupid :).

Yes yes yes you are right - sorry folks I was describing a jeep/snorkel excursion on

Cozumel. So sorry.

But we did do Chuka Beach Break in Falmouth also.

Loved it! Nice beach, short transport, shade if you want it, adequate lunch and

extremely friendly staff. In fact, this was my favorite stop on the cruise...not crowded at

all and just peaceful.

Sorry for the other post, hope everyone is not totally confused!!!

Haha, thanks for the clarification! Seriously considering this excursion for next week. I'm assuming you would recommend it?

Will - Yes I would recommend if you want a secluded type beach without a lot of toys.

You can walk down the beach a ways for banana boat rides & wave runners...at least that day you could.

There are only noodles & mats at the Chukka Beach facility.

Tamika was the girl in charge that day, she was very friendly & accomodating.

1. Does only RCI offer this excursion? Is there another place we can book this excursion for a cheaper price?

2. Is this a popular excursion where it would be sold out? Like was your bus full and lots of RCI people there? We don't like it when it's too empty or quiet.

3. Where exactly is Chukka Beach? Is it even in Falmouth?

1. Does only RCI offer this excursion? Is there another place we can book this excursion for a cheaper price?

Our bus was full with just RCI people. Don't know with regards to booking elsewhere for a cheaper price. I did feel that the price was reasonable, however.

2. Is this a popular excursion where it would be sold out? Like was your bus full and lots of RCI people there? We don't like it when it's too empty or quiet.

It did sell out, but not until we were on board. I feel, however, that it is now more popular with the discussion about it and the fact that more people are realizing that they need to plan ahead for Falmouth. The beach was a typical Caribbean beach. Not empty or quiet, but definitely not a party atmosphere.

3. Where exactly is Chukka Beach? Is it even in Falmouth?

Don't know exactly where beach was located, but it was a short ride (15-20 min) from the pier. I don't think the beach was named "Chukka". Chukka is the name of the company that runs these Caribbean excursions.

Aw darn it! We're trying to find a way there by ourselves because we have a lot of people in our family and we don't want to spend over a $100 just to go to a beach.

Oh wait, I found this link:

http://www.mysilversands.com/content/10_11_24-chukka_caribbean_adventures_falmouth_jamaica.aspx

It says "For the convenience of their guests at Silver Sands villas in Jamaica, Mysilversands books these tours offered by Chukka Caribbean Adventures and also arranges safe transportation to Falmouth in comfortable vehicles."

Or it could be this....

http://www.mysilversands.com/content/duncans-public-beach.aspx

Aw okay thanks so much for helping me in this forum! Otherwise there would no one helping me in this post :P

I'm gonna keep researching and look around :)

Btw you don't know the beach's name right? was there a sign or board that said "_____ Beach"? LOL

It was either Good Hope Beach or Hope Beach...I saw a sign on the way onto the property..I'm pretty sure it was Good Hope...not to be confused with Good Hope Estate though. My friend took a pix of the sign, I'll ask her to verify for me.

It was either Good Hope Beach or Hope Beach...I saw a sign on the way onto the property..I'm pretty sure it was Good Hope...not to be confused with Good Hope Estate though. My friend took a pix of the sign, I'll ask her to verify for me.

Okay thank you :)

bamboo29 Umbrellas?

Previously asked, but I did not see a response. Are the use of chairs/loungers part of RCI price or does someone expect a fee or tip?

Answer: Did not see any umbrellas. There is plenty of shade, however. The chairs/loungers are part of the RCI price. No one expected a tip when I was there in Feb.

Archived