Which would you choose?

luv2trvlnow

We are trying to decide which cruise to book next. Our 2 choices are:

Freedom (8 day): To St Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, and Nassau.

Liberty (7 day): To Half Moon Cay, St Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk.

The price difference is only $170 for the 3 of us so that doesn't matter. My son and I have only been to St. Thomas and Nassau before, none of the other ports. My husband hasn't been to any of these ports.

Which would you choose and why?

Sharon

The main question I'd look at is: Do you and your son mind going back to Nassau or would you rather hit two new ports and have a beach day? You'll hit St Thomas on both cruises, so that shouldn't be a question.

I cruise for the ports (or at least the ones it is intended to go to), and have been looking at booking the Freedom for that itinerary.

Reasons: three sea days, I have never been to Antigua or Tortola, and its been a long time since I was in Nassau, and my husband has never been there.

The Liberty wouldn't be my choice because I don't enjoy true beach days (Half Moon Cay is their private island), and I have already taken a land vacation to San Juan for a few days.

We are trying to decide which cruise to book next. Our 2 choices are:

Freedom (8 day): To St Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, and Nassau.

Liberty (7 day): To Half Moon Cay, St Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk.

Sailed both cruises on both ships, the Freedom cruise twice now in fact and I'd do it again. Freedom decor is nicer too AND as someone else said it's an 8 day!!

San Juan is nice if you like the old village and stone streets, quaint looking. Prices for shopping aren't great. Don't shop in the small stores on the port front. We didn't like the protests and the guys in the markets at night. St. Thomas is the best place to shop on any cruise for it's prices. The market is great as is the diving and beach. T-shirts, hat's, unframed canvas paintings and jewellry.

Antigua and Tortola can't be beat, both are gorgeous and both offer great markets and great diving and beach get aways. Nassau is nice for the reserve trip and very pretty but not if it's windy and choppy! If you go in behind the port front market you will find good shops and a nice square to sit in under the trees. You can go to some of the resorts for a beach day but it's a waste of money with so many free and deserted beaches.

If you are into walking and churches Antigua has a grand old Church of England you can see from the port and you will arrive on Wednesday and be able to go for a tour and a service. Neat to see the exorcisim by the priest...he realized we were visitors!!! LOL...

Daughter and I are looking at same ones...we are choosing the Freedom (8 day!!) ;)

May 21st sailing...can't wait!! Waiting til after the 72 hr sale to book... yesterday it was $759 OV, today for the sale it was $809! :(

Thank you everyone. This is the kind of information I was looking for. I was really trying to get an idea of which ports we might like the best. I know we might not get to them (nothing is guaranteed-Carnival seems to be making some changes lately) but that's how I choose. If we don't get there, we adjust. We have done it before.

Keep telling me what you can about the ports. That will help alot. We are thinking about booking when we on our Miracle cruise in April.

Sharon

Archived