FYI Marriott St. Kitts day passes

kmurph22

I just spoke with the Marriott's front desk in St. Kitts, inquiring about a day pass.

I was told that day passes are $35 per person, as has previously been indicated on this board, but that day rooms are $125 plus 19% room tax. She also said I needed a reservation if I wanted to do the room, but not for the day pass as availability is not an issue.

Maybe they finally figured out that $65 was too good of a deal for the room!

I may call back again just to be sure, but wanted to share with you all.

I emailed at the address above yesterday. Got a prompt email back:

"From: Caribbean Information <webmaster@caribbeans.com>;

To: Wendy Hurd

Subject: Re: Day Room

Sent: Tue, Mar 29, 2011 9:59:34 PM

The cost for a day room is US$ 65 plus 9% tax and 10% service charge."

I wrote back and they said I could call this number to reserve.

To reserve the day room, please call 869-466-1200 with your credit card number. Enjoy your visit to St Kitts.

I did today and we are booked for 4/15/11.

Hope this helps!

This is getting frustrating. I emailed more than a month ago....Twice. Received no response whatsoever. Have sent another email just now. Was really planning on being at the Marriott on our St. Kitts day next week.

At the Marriott last week on March 30th. We took a cab for $10 for two people from the port. Walked in and asked about a day pass, it is $165 + taxes for two people. Day passes are $35 per person. I asked if we could just use the beach, the woman at the desk said it was a public beach and as long as we didn't use the chairs, it was fine. We changed in the restroom, walked down past the pool to the beach. There were staff people there, we asked if we could use a cabana and chairs, told them we did not pay anything, they said yes, no problem. We had our beach towels from our ship, we used one cabana and four lounge chairs for the day. There were quite a few people from our cruise there. The beach was beautiful, clean, clear water, great sand, wonderful views. We did walk up and use the restroom by the pool, and did go to the pool bar and bought cokes and carried back to the beach. No one ever stopped us, it was not crowded. We did not use the pool or their towels, felt that would be wrong. Would go there again, loved it!

• 5 weeks later...
So what exactly does a "Day Pass" get you? It sounds like you can use the beach without it.

You can go to the beach for free. Take your ship towels with you. Do not expect to have a lounger or palapa.

The beach pass gives you towels and access to the pools and beach as well as the loungers etc. The cost is $35 a person.

Just to do a quick follow up on mine, even though I had a confirmed phone reservation and an email. They had a conference there the weekend i was there and they would not honor it. We ended up going over to Shipwreck Bar on South Friars and had a great afternoon!

• 6 months later...
Just to do a quick follow up on mine, even though I had a confirmed phone reservation and an email. They had a conference there the weekend i was there and they would not honor it. We ended up going over to Shipwreck Bar on South Friars and had a great afternoon!

Hope you didn't pay for it. Sounded a little shady to me :confused:

Shipwreck Bar was so nice! I was there last week. We did a whole tour of the island on scooters and ended up there where I took a nice swim & had a refreshing beverage. The water was so clear and beautiful. Just loved it!

• 1 month later...

Is the Shipwreck Bar near the Marriott? If not, which beach is it on? We are probably going to take a taxi to the beach for the day and looking for something nice and not too crowded with access to refreshments. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!:)

I can also confirm that we were able to use the beach for free. We asked one of the attendants how much it would be to rent a chair, and he said it was no cost. He set us up at one - it was crowded when we were there so it was on the end, but it seemed quieter on that end of the beach anyway. They had a little stand on the beach where we got a couple of beers - they seemed a little confused with the cash - I guess they are used to just doing room charges. There is a restaurant next to the pool as well - we did not use the pool, but did use the shower to rinse and the restroom to change.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, just stayed 2 weeks on Frigate Bay. The taxi to Timothy Beach on the Caribbean side is fixed at $12 for a minibus which takes up to12 persons. When you come off the ship there will be locals shouting $4 or any amount and they will then have a runner to take people to the minibus and gather more people. The sea on this side is calm compared to at the Marriot where it is difficult to swim because of the waves.The Marriot beach is golden sand and so is Timothy beach but not as wide down to the sea. The Shipwreck bar is on South Friars bay and $22 to get to. The bar sells very good food and 2 sunbeds and a fixed palm covered area for $10. This beach is good for snorkelling. The Timothy beach hotel does a day package which includes sunbeds , a snack and drink and towels; I think it was $20per person.

Is the Shipwreck Bar near the Marriott? If not, which beach is it on? We are probably going to take a taxi to the beach for the day and looking for something nice and not too crowded with access to refreshments.

We got a shared taxi-van to South Friars Beach for $4 pp one way. Rented 2 chairs and a shaded thing. Bought food there. Rented snorkel equipment for 1 daughter - I think that was $15? Maybe $10. There were wild monkeys near the restrooms. Nice beach.

Got a cab ride back to ship for $4 pp.

• 9 months later...

Will be in St Kitts for one day on a Celebrity cruise in March and trying to decide between the beach at the Marriott or the beach by Ship Wrecked Resort. We are a party of 15 (7 adults & 8 children). Looking for time difference of getting to beach from cruise port and also cost and in general pros and cons. Appreciate your suggestions. .thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
How long is the taxi ride/ how much does it cost from the cruise ship port to the Marriott? What is the difference between getting a day pass at the Marriott or just going to S. Frigate?

Hello, Did you ever find out how much the day pass was and how far it was?

The Marriott is located on the Atlantic side of lFrigate Bay. It is about a 10-15 min drive from the Port Zante area. The taxi fare would be about $15 or so. Prices vary on the day passes. Contact the property for information. The local telephone # is 1-869-466-1200

No I will be finalizing this after Christmas as right now too much going on. We were on the Eclipse last New Year's and visited the Marriott Beach as our stateroom attentant suggested. We had our own towels and paid for a cab to take us and bring us back. It is only, if I remember correctly, about 15 minutes from the pier. I am wondering how much further it is to get to the beach where Spice Mill resort is located.

Archived