1st April, first ever cruise.

coachdriver5

Leaviing Glasgow 1st April, read all the reviews, good and bad. Going with an open mind. Our doughter and granddougher already packed. We are going to enjoy ourselfs. hope to meet up with other 1st timers.

You'll have a great time.:) Think of it a bit like sleeping in a caravan but that said you're hardly ever in it. Apart from the day at sea when the decks are a bit crowded you'll be off the ship every day. Strangely, even though it's a ship you don't often see the same people twice, unless you go to the same sunbed, bar etc. so it's not too intimate. It's great waking up in a different place every day, you just couldn't do that going overland. I think that's why it get so addictive to a lot of people. We would like to visit Venice but wouldn't want to spend a week there so a cruise would be ideal. Visit, then move on.:):)

Jan

Edited by ekco

Don't forget to come back on and tell us what you think?:):)

Weather should be nice first week in April. Lucky you and that's from someone who's just got back from Sharm. To be honest I would rather have less flying time and go to the Canaries for similar weather (apart from the other day, lol). Awful cramped plane, it took a week for the stiffness to go out of my joints.:)

Jan

Thanks once again, you can be sure I will let you know how things go. Of course the weather is a big issue. Just hope it it is calm. Trying to tell my family that a ship is not a stable platform seems to run past them. 4 of us in a cabin, i'm sure i will have plenty to tell you on our return.

We just had one rough evening from La Palma to Madeira which I believe is often a bit choppy. Having read the forums we got Stugeron off the internet, which I took, and those wrist bands with the little ball on for my husband, internet and pound shop. Both worked after we lay horizontally for an hour and then we were back up and running. I believe that the pills you can get from reception also work well and about 50p I think. Not quite sure about the price but pretty cheap whatever.:):)

OMG I've got to stop this, I'm turning into the forum know-it-all. Sorry, lol.:D:D

Jan

Thanks once again, you can be sure I will let you know how things go. Of course the weather is a big issue. Just hope it it is calm. Trying to tell my family that a ship is not a stable platform seems to run past them. 4 of us in a cabin, i'm sure i will have plenty to tell you on our return.

will eagerly await your report on the 8th :Das I leave on the 9th for 1 week in hotel in Gran canaria then 1 week cruise from 16th (prob won't have internet at hotel so last peek for me will be evening of 8th - pretty, pretty, please for prompt update/review of cruise)

Gill xx

We need people like you who have done the voyage to let people like us who have not know what to expect when we get on board. Going to pound and the internet for the pills.lol.

Not long to go now!:):) Weather should be lovely. Remember to put a comb in your hand luggage as when you get onboard for the first time you'll be put in front of a camera for your card. It's not a photo that you pay for, although often there will be photos taken when you leave the ship in various ports but you don't have to buy them if you don't want, they'll be on the board in the photo shop later. The trouble is when you're travel weary you can look a mess by the time you arrive and that photo is looked at by security every time you leave or board the ship. Much to the amusement of the staff as it comes up on a monitor and you look like the thing from the swamp, lol.:eek::eek:

Jan

will eagerly await your report on the 8th :Das I leave on the 9th for 1 week in hotel in Gran canaria then 1 week cruise from 16th (prob won't have internet at hotel so last peek for me will be evening of 8th - pretty, pretty, please for prompt update/review of cruise)

Gill xx

Try my best now that I am getting the hang of this at last.:):) Look just after middnight.

• 2 weeks later...
Try my best now that I am getting the hang of this at last.:):) Look just after middnight.

All packed and ready to go - 23kg allowed and cases weigh 22.8kg &22.6kg - oops but can't see anything I can leave behind although I haven't taken all the thing I have bought - lol

Hope you had a good hol - will check in again at midnght then I'll be off to bed and will check at 8.30am before I set off to manchester.

A nervvy tummy - sooo excited - 1 week stay and then 1 week cruise - Whoo Hoo

All packed and ready to go - 23kg allowed and cases weigh 22.8kg &22.6kg - oops but can't see anything I can leave behind although I haven't taken all the thing I have bought - lol

Hope you had a good hol - will check in again at midnght then I'll be off to bed and will check at 8.30am before I set off to manchester.

A nervvy tummy - sooo excited - 1 week stay and then 1 week cruise - Whoo Hoo

Ooh! Watch that weight. They often weigh more at the airport and almost always at foreign airports. When we came through Dalaman in Turkey we weighed our cases at 19.5kg and 20kg and they weighed them at 44.5kg. A bit too close for comfort. Have a great time.

Jan

Ooh! Watch that weight. They often weigh more at the airport and almost always at foreign airports. When we came through Dalaman in Turkey we weighed our cases at 19.5kg and 20kg and they weighed them at 44.5kg. A bit too close for comfort. Have a great time.

Jan

Aw don't scare me Jan. My scales have always been accurate and never had a problem at chek in ....... yet !!!!- dh would argue the case. Oh, well, they're sealed now so no going back

Thought it would be easier this year without daughter as she always seems to have loads but it seems the toileteries/suncreams ect are the heavy weighing things.

I have so many nice clothes this year (lost 15 stone over 2 years after weight loss surgery) so want to enjoy dressing up and feeling "NORMAL" -:D

I'm looking - maybe you were delayed or just too tired. Will be back early in morning

Hope you had a great hol - can't wait for mine.............

• 2 years later...