? Re: Afternoon snacks or appetizers in room

luv2camp04

We are booked on our first ever cruise in April in a 2A room on the Millenium. I know that the Concierge class gets afternoon canapes delivered, however, I feel like I remember reading somewhere here that anyone could ask there room attendant or room service to have cheese and crackers delivered to their room in the afternoon. Is this correct? If so, what is the correct procedure for this? My husband and I enjoy a drink and a snack in the afternoon when we are on vacation.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks. We are soooo close to our first cruise!!

Kelly

Concierge class and above get canapes or cheese and crackers. There are afternoon snacks available in Cova Cafe and the buffet.

PS: the canapes, while not awful, are nothing to write home about. And you can always phone for a cheeseplate or snacks from room service. I just tip the deliverer a couple dollar.

We are booked on our first ever cruise in April in a 2A room on the Millenium. I know that the Concierge class gets afternoon canapes delivered, however, I feel like I remember reading somewhere here that anyone could ask there room attendant or room service to have cheese and crackers delivered to their room in the afternoon. Is this correct? If so, what is the correct procedure for this? My husband and I enjoy a drink and a snack in the afternoon when we are on vacation.

Any help is appreciated.

Kelly

Just turn your cabin TV to the channel that has the room service menu and you can order whatever you want right on the interactive TV screen, whenever you wish. Or you can order over the phone.

We like to order the cheese and cracker plate together with the fruit plate.

When we want snacks in late afternoon, we prefer to go up to the afternoon tea in the buffet area on deck 10 where you get a much larger selection of choices (a variety of little sandwiches, pastries, cookies, fruit, cheeses), plus easy access to the beverages, ice cream, hamburgers and pizza.

Any help is appreciated.

Kelly

No problem - just call room service. Call when you need it and there will probably be a 1/2 hour wait. you might also be able to call earlier for a scheduled delivery - not sure about that.

From 4 to 5PM there is also "tea" in the buffet area with lots of nice snack food to fill in that time between your after lunch snack (like pizza or ice cream) and your before dinner appetizers (like sushi). If you'd like you can fill a plate there to take back to your cabin. There is never a shortage of food on the ship!

As someone else said, on of our favorite afternoon snacks is to go to the Coffee Bar for an espresso, latte or a liquored up coffee drink (charge for these) and enjoy some of the pastries they have there in the afternoon (no charge for those).

one day we enjoyed a combo of the Spring rolls & I believe some type of sesame chicken- we ordered 2 of each--actually made a nice lite lunch..

room service menu also used to have some nice soups..

But best of all, as someone mentioned is cafe al baccio in the afternoon for nice music & coffee or IGLUs..thse are extra charge but they have complimentay cookies & pastries!

Room service is great for cheese and cracker plate and fruit plate. We ordered it many afternoons. If you don't see what you want on the menu, ask. They will try to make you happy by really trying to get what you want.

Archived