really dumb question about bringing soda onboard

reallyexcited

I just got off the Carnival Freedom today...I duct taped a 12 pack of diet Coke and a 12 pack of classic Coke together (stacked one on top of the other) and carried them on. No questions at all. The duct tape worked great.

AHHH

Another great use for Duct Tape

When we cruised, I used a gym bag and put the 2 -12 packs of sodas in it and dropped it off with our checked baggage. Both times bag arrived to our room with our baggage. No problems at all.

thanks so much! I'm glad I asked. Now we can just put them both in 1 carry one and lug one bag around until we get to our room :) much easier with 3 little kids!

use a small carryon with wheels - so much easier and you can always hook other carryon over the handle - this is what we did. Another poster said to check it - don't, it is no longer allowed in checked luggage, it must be in carryon - barring that fact the they got away with it, they may take this away totally and we can't bring any beverages on.

There were eight of us together out of Ft Lauderdale a year ago on the Miracle. We went to Home Depot and bought a small fold up hand truck,put three soda cubes and a case of water on and just wheeled it in no hassle. We then just folded it up and put it in a suitcase. Saved alot of carrying and hardly took any space in the suitcase.

Okay here's a dumb question to piggyback................

Can you put 2 bottles of wine in 1 bag (with 2 over 21yr old cruisers). I would rather keep my drinks in 1 bag away from my clothes :eek:

Thanks!

Stephanie

I wrapped my wine bottles in bubble wrap and packed them in the small rolling suitcase we had packed for the hotel the night before we sailed.

You have to carry on your wine, just like the sodas. Don't pack them in your checked bags.

I bought a rolling cart, put a case of bottled water on the bottom, then my totebags on top. Strapped them down with the bungee cord.

We drove to Galveston and to NOLA for our last two cruises. The next one up is going out of FLL, so we will have to fly. I will NOT be packing wine bottles and water in my luggage to fly from Dallas to Fort Lauderdale. I guess I'll start saving now for Bon Voyage and the soda card.

Archived