Connie - Norovirus?

nanpar

Has anyone heard anything about norovirus recently on the Connie like it seems to be on the Solstice ?

We returned from 2 weeks on the Constellation on the 2/26/2011 and there was no evidence of the Noro Virus.

Although everywhere you went you were handed a medicated towel

Steve

I was on the same cruise. I did not feel at all that there was any norovirus. I did not receive any of the "medicated towels"

I would hate to have a rumour started about something that is not true.

2011 stories could just an echo of 2010. Last year the Connie went into drydock in April. By the end of June cruise (Artic Circle) it was known as the Noro Cruise! We were due to sail July 3rd at 4:30pm from Amsterdam on a Baltic Cruise. No one was permitted to board the ship until about 6:30pm since it was being deep-cleaned, we actually sailed about 8pm.

I fault Celebrity for not "getting the word" out in a better way to the passangers. Through CC friends doing a BTB our Roll Call had been alerted to the probable late sailing. But no one was notified via E-mail from the Company.

That being said, I applaud then for taking the celaning step and then providing for all who arrived at the Port of Amsterdam not knowing about the change in sailing. They had food available as well as shuttles into the main part of the city. They also had a "suite/elite/concierge" section with large screen TVs playing tenis and soccer. Boarding was amazingly fast - they used more than one ship entrance.

Of course some people were unhappy, but we didn't hear of any noro on our cruise and it seemed to stop after that! We were SO happy that, while on the "high seas" we booked our next cruise - Sept. 2011 on the Connie!!!

Have a GREAT cruise!!

We were on the 2/26 - 3/12 sailing, and saw nothing out of the ordinary. Purell entering the ship at ports, and entering the dining areas. Self service in the usual parts of the buffet, salt and pepper and bread baskets on the MDR tables, etc. A fantastic cruise. :D

Thank you to everyone that replied -- I feel very good now. We leave April 9, and I am looking forward to this trip. We have friends on the Solstice this week ---- I don't know what they have run into.

Archived