any type of perk for large group

Mickey12810

This is just my experience and you may find a better deal so check around... I am going on a family cruise in Nov with app 25 family members 8 rooms total. We checked on the group rate and found that it was cheaper for us to each book seperately booking early saver. (we booked a year in advance) The group rate does give you perks like a free room but and it offers you the use of a "meeting room" which we didn't need. Again rates and offers change daily so check everything before you commit...

We just booked a group cruise for next year through an online agency as well (second time doing so) and even though it's cheaper booking the early saver there are restrictions with that.

Also, we received discounted deposits - which helps a lot of people especially these days. We also received $50 onboard credit per cabin and a 1 hr. cocktail party open bar and a free cabin for every 8 cabins booked! Comes out better than the early saver in my opinion.

Use a travel agent for a group booking, the perks you get will depend on the specific sailing you choose. If you are flexible, you may get extra perks than a cruise that is already sailing well.

I believe you will do better with an agent than just using the cruise line's group department.

It depends. My group uses an agency. We sail in July on the Dream and at this time, we will get $100 cabin credit, a Meet & Greet party pre-cruise and canvas like tote bags. We originally booked 8B cabins and now we are all on the Lido or Vista decks. Our agent also gives us at least one price drop per sailing. This is why we continue to refer her and book with her.;)

Every sailing has different group amenity points. There is also usually a Tour conductor credit equal the fare for 1 berth (not including taxes and port charges). Someimes they offer a 2 for 1 deal on those. You need to confer with your TA on how to best use the points and TC. Often the TC is applied to one person (group leader) or is spread out so everybody gets a little extra discount. Watch out because an unscrupulous TA could keep the TC as extra commission. You can use the amenity points for wine, OBC's, tote bags, cocktail parties etc. Some dates have no amenity points (often holidays) and then you get nada, zip, zilch - just the Tour conductor credit. But you generally have to have 8 lower berths. They do not include any 3rd or 4th passengers in the head count for these purposes.

Archived