List Of Where Your Favorite CD Might Be?? (merged)

Since we always go to late dinner seating, we rarely get to see any shows as RCC has the ridiculous idea that late dinner seating guests want to see the shows before dinner rather than after. Therefore, the majority of our cruises I have no idea who any of the cruise directors were. This is one major complaint I have about RCC/Celebrity. I want my show after dinner, not before. Thank you.

Guest Badgercruiser!

I know its all personal preferance but I'm curious as to who's everybodys favorite cd and why. Based on this thread it sounds loik there are quite a few Richard Spacey fans butthere doesn't seem to be any real favorite like John Heald is on Carnival. We've sailed RCCL once (Mariner in 2004 and it was great) Ken Rush was the cd and we thought he was so-so. Corey Schmitt is my favorite cd but he's retired now. . .We'll be on the Freedom of the Seas next year and I'll be looking forward to it and to hearing info on the cd.

Since we always go to late dinner seating, we rarely get to see any shows as RCC has the ridiculous idea that late dinner seating guests want to see the shows before dinner rather than after. Therefore, the majority of our cruises I have no idea who any of the cruise directors were. This is one major complaint I have about RCC/Celebrity. I want my show after dinner, not before. Thank you.

When we have had late seating on our past RCI cruises, they seemed to schedule about half before dinner and half after dinner. In many ways I enjoyed seeing the show in the early evening rather than late evening after I had eaten heavily and should have been moving about rather than sitting in the theater getting sleepy. :) I don't find their policy to be "ridiculous" as you do. Obviously they can't satisfy everyone, but if a large majority objected to their scheduling of the late seating shows, I believe they would change it. Since they haven't, I expect that there hasn't been much strong objection to this policy.

If I were you, and objected as strongly to the show schedule, I would be sure to make it my number one complaint on my comment card.

Urgh, remind me to stay away from the Serenade. Kirk was one of the least impressive CDs that I have ever sailed with. No energy, very little humor, quite disappointing. Whoever is lucky enough to sail with Becky Thomson or Richard Spacey will most likely be quite impressed! I enjoyed them both immensly!

I agree with you 100%. We had Kirk on the Mariner last year,and he was my least favorite CD so far also. I haven't sailed with Becky Thomson,but sure wish I could catch up with Richard Spacey again. Now, he's a hoot.

I'm so glad to see this keep popping back up,with updates. Thanks so much

Has anyone had Allen Brooks lately as their CD? He was on Serenade last October and absolutey rocked! My husband and I still laugh about the silly things he did. He truly enhanced our cruise experience.

We were on Brilliance earlier this month and our CD was Bill ?? something or other. Did not get his last name and really was not impressed.

It seems the website royalcaribbeanproductions.com is not very updated... Neither of the past 2 CD's we've had were on that list.

On a recent cruise, we too, had a mix of before and after dinner shows....

If you look, the only time they do predinner shows, is when they have a theme night afterwards, like ROck and Roll or the Quest. Also, they normally do early shows the night that they do the Love and Marriage game. They never have early shows on formal nights.

I am sure that you would soon complain if they did the Quest or Love and Marriage at the same time as your late show.

Here is the latest updates. The main changes are Karen Mayberry coming back on Jewel and Enchantment going in for drydock.

Adventure of the Seas – Richard Spacey (as of 5/1/05)

Brilliance of the Seas – Dan Whitney (as of 3/8/05)

Empress of the Seas – Jimmy Rhodes (as of 3/14/05)

Enchantment of the Seas – IN DRYDOCK FOR STRETCHING

Explorer of the Seas - Gustav "Goose" (as of 4/17/05)

Grandeur of the Seas – Tom Canosa (as of 4/17/05)

Jewel of the Seas – Karen Mayberry (as of 4/23/05)

Legend of the Seas – Mike Hunnerup (as of 3/12/05)

Majesty of the Seas – Duane Davis (as of 4/18/05)

Mariner of the Seas – Kirk Detweiler (as of 4/17/05) (reportedly switching to Serenade late spring)

Monarch of the Seas – Matt Sole ( as of 3/18/05)

Navigator of the Seas – Ken Rush (as of 4/16/05) (reportedly switching to James Andrews soon)

Radiance of the Seas – Gordon Whatman (as of 4/10/05)

Rhapsody of the Seas – Peter Benfield (as of 4/10/05)

Serenade of the Seas – Tim Seivert (as of 4/10/04)

Sovereign of the Seas – Keith ? (maybe Keith Williams) – (as of 4/15/05)

Splendour of the Seas – Graham Seymour (as of 4/9/05)

Vision of the Seas – John Blair (as of 3/13/05)

Voyager of the Seas – Drew Devine (as of 3/27/05)

http://www.royalcaribbeanproductions.com/rccl/talent.asp?s1=6&CurPage=1&PageSize=21&category=Cruise+Directors

jrm9999...any more updates? I know Matt Sole was recently on the Radiance, and Carly Bolieau was recently on the Explorer...maybe these guys just move around too fast!! :)

Amanda

jrm9999...any more updates? I know Matt Sole was recently on the Radiance, and Carly Bolieau was recently on the Explorer...maybe these guys just move around too fast!! :)

Amanda

Sorry I have not had any updates for awhile. My wife and I had a daughter May 13th so my hands have been full with other things. I am glad to see others posting updates and once I get settled I would be more than happy to keep posting updates.

jrm, Congratulations to you and your wife,on your baby daughter. If this is your first,then both your days and nights will be tied up,and changed,for at least the next 18 years. God Bless all 3 of you. :D

JRM Congratulations on your new little girl. We have 3 which are all grown and our having their own children, which we are also enjoying. Our daughters have given us so much pleasure over the years. Enjoy every moument. :)

I agree with Snappledrinker, Ashley Kerr is the CD on AOS now, and is mediocre, at best. Picture a chirpy little cheerleader from high school, and that would be Ashley. After hearing so many positive things about Richard Spacey, I was kinda hoping he was on vacation, and would be back for our 6/26 cruise, but alas was not! However, the asst. CD was a hoot! I don't remember his name, but I could sit and listen to that accent all day!

Dru

• 5 weeks later...

Archived