Dress Up or Not Night

mpdjnr

I've seen some people dressed up every night. It's entirely up to you.

Agree with you, we dress up as often as we like regardless of what others are doing on any cruise line. We enjoy doing so, we generally have a table for two, so no one else needs to be concerned. Our next cruise will be on the Jade in Europe, looking forward to it.

We were on the Pearl in January and probably 70% dressed up.... We dress for dinner each night but over the past couple of years we have pulled back "fancy"... No more tux for hubby and I may bring a long gown but probably not.... we are early 40's....

If you want to do it, do it.... I love to see people dressed formally and especially if it is an entire family..

Enjoy:)

They no longer call it "Dress Up or Not night". Now it is called "Norwegian's Night Out" and the "not" option didn't seem to be emphasized much. It's still a choice of course. On the 5/5 Gem, it seemed like most people were dressed up.

• 11 months later...

On the Gem, there were some people dressed up but not many.. I would say smart casual or maybe slightly better but not all out formal.. only a few tuxes and evening gowns but most people were in collared shirts, nice slacks, ect. I think some of the venues cater to that like La Bistro or Cagney's (these are more formal anyway) so you could eat there that night.

The Gem is really cramped with so much going on, and on formal night you have all the picture set ups, and the sales in the Atrium and everything else so it becomes harder to move about the ship.

I went to the Night Out Party in the lounge at the top of the ship that night, and parents brought their six year olds in their swim attire, and were letting them dance with nicely dressed adults, drinking cocktails, so we ended up leaving and hitting the piano bar. So I guess it depends on the ship and group of passengers you have.

I think it probably has a lot to do with the itinerary you are on. I agree with another poster that few people dressed up on my recent Spirit cruise. But it was a port intensive itinerary and we were all TIRED. While I had taken dress-up clothing and had every intention of wearing it, I ended up never wearing most of it. By the time we got back to the ship in the evening, all we wanted was a shower, a meal, and some down time. Instead of my dress clothes, I would wear slacks and a nice blouse -- and most of all -- my flat and comfortable white sandals to the MDR. My husband wore a polo shirt and a pair of Dockers. The only time I wore my heels was on the first "at sea" day right at the start of our cruise. That being said, there's no reason you shouldn't dress up if you want to. Everyone always looked nice in the dining room even if we had all just thrown on some slacks and a pretty top. I never thought anyone who was more dressed than I ever looked out of place. Especially not in the MDR or Garden Room which are both very pretty and formal venues.

I've also seen tables where all the ladies were dressed formally and all the guys were dressed in Aloha shirts and khaki slacks. And they all had these great big smiles on their faces!

Yep, I saw a lot of this too! Ladies were often dressed better than the guys but no one cared (and I'm sure the men were happier!).

Archived