Cagneys Question

txtara

I have eaten at other surcharge restaurants on other cruise lines but have a question about how NCL does it. Will they let you try more than one appetizer or entree or dessert?

You can order multiple appetizers, salads, soups and desserts. The official policy is that only one entree per surcharge is allowed. However, many CCers have reported that this rule is often overlooked, especially in the Asian restaurant where the meal is served family-style.

The portions at Cagneys are Very generous so I doubt you could eat 2 main courses .I aasked to go to Moderno's salad bar ...no problem ...I loved that selection absolutely yummy as side dishes to a made to order seared tuna dish .It was outstanding

I KNOW I KNOW who goes to a steak house for FISH?????WE did and it was DEEEElicious !!!THank you to restaurant manager who arranged it for us GREAT STUFF

mIchele

If you can eat more than one entree at Cagney's, you might want to join Adam Richman on "Man versus Food" on the Travel Channel. The entrees are good sized portions. The best NY strip I've ever had anywhere was in Cagney's on Jade. As one of the other posters said, the "official wink wink nudge nudge" policy is only one entree, but they'd bring another if you asked. No problemo with unlimted appetizers or desserts. At the Asian Fusion restaurant on Jewel our server tried to bring us every entree on the menu. They'll feed you until you explode there.

I know the man next to us had two steaks. For me there was plenty of food, I was SOOOOO full. My husband is 6'2 250 lbs and he left plenty full as well. Portions seemed to very generous here. I had the crab cakes, clam chowder, small filet mignon and chocolate brownie dessert. Everything was excellent.

The portions at Cagneys are Very generous so I doubt you could eat 2 main courses .I aasked to go to Moderno's salad bar ...no problem ...I loved that selection absolutely yummy as side dishes to a made to order seared tuna dish .It was outstanding

I KNOW I KNOW who goes to a steak house for FISH?????WE did and it was DEEEElicious !!!THank you to restaurant manager who arranged it for us GREAT STUFF

mIchele

I asked to go to Moderno's salad bar while dining in Cagney's and was told no.

I have eaten at other surcharge restaurants on other cruise lines but have a question about how NCL does it. Will they let you try more than one appetizer or entree or dessert?

I think it is hit or miss on this one. We've eaten at some specialty restaurants where a second entree was allowed and some where it was not. We've never had a problem with ordering multiples of anything else (appetizers, desserts, etc). I agree with the other posters that the portions at Cagney's are large (immense, even) and I do not believe I could have eaten another entree. I think that NCL is beginning to get more strict with the rule and is charging for additional entrees more frequently than they may have previously. Keep in mind - if you're still hungry, there are numerous non-specialty restaurants where you can get something additional.

Archived