Royal Wedding on Celebrity?

CruisingEsq

I have spoken to Celebrity and they won't be letting us on early. They will be showing it in the afternoon in the theatre. It won't be shown live.

if you are in Southampton early you could see it there ...

my reply to a similar question (but re disembarking, not embarking) on P&O board - http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1392574

or you could try the royal wedding street party in Guildhall square

http://www.southampton.gov.uk/news-e...reet-party.asp

Quote:

Southampton City Council has designated the newly refurbished Guildhall Square to be the venue to hold a free mass Street Party for everyone between 10am - 4pm.

You are all invited to watch the broadcast of the Royal Wedding Celebrations on a Big Screen from 10am (the Wedding is at 11am). Then afterwards enjoy your own street party in the Square.

I'll be missing it - we're taking advantage of the extra bank holiday to take a short cruise - I'll still be packing when it starts

the main issue would be knowing where to park for the duration (or what to do with the luggage if you are not driving down)

Archived