Recommend a fun excursion in Belize that does not require an hour drive?

theblankenboats

We are traveling on the Carnival Valor in June and want to find a fun excursion in Belize. We really wanted to go on the zip line canopy tour however I do not want to take a 1 to 2 hour bus ride- can anyone recommend a fun excursion that does not require such a long ride. We are a family of 4 with children 14 and 10. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, there are none in my opinion that would be fun for that age. I have kids that age. Actually, there really isn't anything that is close other than probably a city tour on a bus (would not recommend!) That is the big negative to Belize in our opinion. Everying worth doing takes a while to get there. It is very frustrating.

When were did take them to Belize we did Cave Tubing, a one hour bus ride on a two-lane highway with cars that were speeding. It wasn't comfortable and I would do it again.

My kids and I (ages 12 and 9) picked up a snorkeling tour to Goff's Caye by ecotoursbelize dot com at the dock. Paid about $42 per person, kids under 10 are about $30. We left the dock at 9:30 for a 30-40 min boat ride to Goff's Caye, a small (one acre) island near the reef. The tour guides talked about Belize on the ride to the island and were very interesting. We snorkeled off the boat for about 45 minutes, then had some time on the island. We left the island at 2:00 and had a few minutes before we caught the tender back to the ship.

Overall, a great day. The island was primitive and beautiful. One side of the island had soft white sand and the other was rough with good snorkeling, IMO.

Archived