walking path from HSB to Warwick beach?

beddibi

Is there a bus stop near Warwick Long Bay? The map makes it seem like it would be better to stop right at the little road that leads to the beach than to navigate the road to HSB.

I think there are 2 bus stops for Warwick. Coming from Hamilton you want the second one. There is a sign at the top of the road that I think says Warwick and Jobson's Cove. The first one is just Warwick and I don't think you could walk it on the beach because of rocks sticking out.

Ask the bus driver to announce the Jobson's Cove stop. Warwick, Jobson's, and Stonehole are all reached by walking down a hill and passing a parking lot. They go from left to right in that order and Horseshoe is next.

We start at Warwick and eventually reach Horseshoe and take the van up for $2.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
I think there are 2 bus stops for Warwick. Coming from Hamilton you want the second one. There is a sign at the top of the road that I think says Warwick and Jobson's Cove. The first one is just Warwick and I don't think you could walk it on the beach because of rocks sticking out.

Ask the bus driver to announce the Jobson's Cove stop. Warwick, Jobson's, and Stonehole are all reached by walking down a hill and passing a parking lot. They go from left to right in that order and Horseshoe is next.

We start at Warwick and eventually reach Horseshoe and take the van up for $2.

Hi, does anyone have any details about the 2nd Warwick bus stop?

We arrive on a Saturday at 8:00. We hope to catch the 8:20 #7 but the 8:50 may be more realistic. The 8:50 would drop us at the road to Horseshoe just before 9:30.

We plan to make our way through the coves and eventually to the east end of South Shore Park and Warwick Long Bay.

Scheduled departure is 4:00 but I believe that will be changed to 3:00 due to Explorer's propulsion issues which will make all aboard 2:30.

We'll try to catch the 12:52 #7 at Warwick back to the Dockyard. If we don't get on that or the 1:22 we'll grab a taxi.

Can we get a bus from the east end of Warwick? Or do we need to walk back to the west end and go up the road?

TIA,

IC

InsideCruiser:

It appeared as though the Explorer was about an hour late docking in Bermuda today, so you might want to factor the reduced speed into your arrival plans too. Even if it arrives on time the 8:20 bus is likely too early anyway...often it takes up to 30 minutes to clear the ship for disembarkation.

I don't recall a second bus stop for Warwick Long Bay...but someone else may. The post you quoted is 3 years old and I don't recall anyone else mentioning it since then. In any event, it's talking about the second stop coming from Hamilton...which means it's the first stop coming from Dockyard, so I suspect if you ask the driver to stop at Warwick Long Bay that's where you'll be dropped off anyway.

Edited by njhorseman

Hi, does anyone have any details about the 2nd Warwick bus stop?

We arrive on a Saturday at 8:00. We hope to catch the 8:20 #7 but the 8:50 may be more realistic. The 8:50 would drop us at the road to Horseshoe just before 9:30.

We plan to make our way through the coves and eventually to the east end of South Shore Park and Warwick Long Bay.

Scheduled departure is 4:00 but I believe that will be changed to 3:00 due to Explorer's propulsion issues which will make all aboard 2:30.

We'll try to catch the 12:52 #7 at Warwick back to the Dockyard. If we don't get on that or the 1:22 we'll grab a taxi.

Can we get a bus from the east end of Warwick? Or do we need to walk back to the west end and go up the road?

TIA,

IC

Per your comments I gather that you will get off at Horseshoe Bay and later walk the path to Warwick Long Bay. If you are doing that you can exit Warwick Long Bay and catch the bus back to the Dockyard from there. Pretty simple.

For additional information while at the bus stops you will notice a pink or blue pole. This pole is to advise the direction the bus will head - The color pink means you will be heading inbound to the City of Hamilton and the color blue means you would be heading away from the City of Hamilton. So when you leave Warwick Long Bay be sure to be at the bus stop that is on the same side as the beach and that bus stop will display a blue pole.

I hope you enjoy Bermuda.

InsideCruiser:

It appeared as though the Explorer was about an hour late docking in Bermuda today, so you might want to factor the reduced speed into your arrival plans too. Even if it arrives on time the 8:20 bus is likely too early anyway...often it takes up to 30 minutes to clear the ship for disembarkation.

I don't recall a second bus stop for Warwick Long Bay...but someone else may. The post you quoted is 3 years old and I don't recall anyone else mentioning it since then. In any event, it's talking about the second stop coming from Hamilton...which means it's the first stop coming from Dockyard, so I suspect if you ask the driver to stop at Warwick Long Bay that's where you'll be dropped off anyway.

Thanks for all the helpful info you post re: Bermuda.

Explorer wasn't late yesterday. For some reason the Bermuda 5 day itineraries are scheduled to arrive at 9:00 while the Bermuda/Caribbean 9 day itineraries are scheduled to arrive at 8:00.

The Sep 25th Bermuda/Caribbean 9 day reported they arrived at 8:00 but left at 3:00 because of the propulsion issues. Only upside is that the buffet will still be open for lunch when we get back on. :p

Per your comments I gather that you will get off at Horseshoe Bay and later walk the path to Warwick Long Bay. If you are doing that you can exit Warwick Long Bay and catch the bus back to the Dockyard from there. Pretty simple.

For additional information while at the bus stops you will notice a pink or blue pole. This pole is to advise the direction the bus will head - The color pink means you will be heading inbound to the City of Hamilton and the color blue means you would be heading away from the City of Hamilton. So when you leave Warwick Long Bay be sure to be at the bus stop that is on the same side as the beach and that bus stop will display a blue pole.

I hope you enjoy Bermuda.

Thanks for that.

Does anyone know if we can make our way up to the street from the east end of Warwick?

If so we will head back towards the Warwick/Jobson's stop and see if we encounter a blue pole before we get there. :)

Thanks for that.

Does anyone know if we can make our way up to the street from the east end of Warwick?

If so we will head back towards the Warwick/Jobson's stop and see if we encounter a blue pole before we get there. :)

Yes and in fact there are two exits at the eastern end of Warwick Long Bay along with a bus stop.

• 5 months later...

Taking the cruise in May, just me and my daughter, so I'm afraid of getting lost! We want to spend a day at HSB, just lounging, but would love to do the path walk. We'll be coming from Naval Dockyard.

1. Being HSB gets crowded, should we enjoy the beach first, then walk up to Warwick, or bus to Warwick, then hang out at the beach? We'll be carrying bags, but but avid walkers.

2. Do i understand correctly, that from Dockyard to beaches I take a Pink #7 bus, and back to ship a blue one?

3. Is this path easy to find from the road or beaches? And at either end, is the bus stop easy to find from the path?

4. Will be in Bermuda May 16 and 17...I assume the bathrooms and rental facilities will be open on the beaches?

Thanks in advance. I have so many questions!

DH and I did the beach walk last year and really enjoyed it. We went to Warwick Beach and got off the bus. There is a sign on the side of the road that says Warwick Beach and you just walk down that roadway to the water's edge. You start walking to the right and head towards the path. We took some of the upper pathways rather than walking in the water at different places along the way. If it is low tide you may be able to walk the beach the whole distance. Take along water for drinking because you do get warm and thirsty. I guess you could do it the in the other direction if you wanted to and end up at Warwick.

Now, all of the buses are pink with blue trim. You catch the buses at poles along the highways. The poles are either pink or blue. The buses that stop at the pink poles are heading into Hamilton and the ones that stop at the blue poles are heading away from Hamilton. The way I remember this is to think "Blue Away." At the Dockyard bus stop, the poles are pink and blue strips because the bus turns around there and heads back to Hamilton. You also have to remember that they drive on the opposite side of the road in Bermuda so look for your poles on the appropriate side of the road. At Horseshoe Bay Beach, the bus stops on the same side of the road that you have to get on the bus. On the way to Horseshoe Bay Beach, they go past the beach road, turn around, and come back so that there aren't people crossing the highway all the time. At Warwick, you will get off on the opposite side of the road and have to cross the road to head down the driveway to the beach. It may sound confusing but just follow the crowds.

The path is fairly easy to find. As I mentioned, there are several different branches. Just make sure you are heading in the right direction, right from Warwick or left from Horseshoe, and you will be fine. We took the upper path and ended up in a small parking lot but the path went out the other side of the parking lot and continued on towards Horseshoe and we eventually accomplished out goal of walking the path.

By mid-May, the beaches should be up and running but the water is not going to be very warm yet. I think I have seen on this site that the water is about 70 degrees in May.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise to Bermuda. It is a spectacular place, an island of beauty.

Coming from Upstate NY, 70 sounds warm to me but it is not to the Bermudians. I just check back further in this thread and there are mentions that the rocks prevent you from walking on the beach the entire distance so I guess it would not make any difference if it is low tide. Enjoy your walk and maybe you can find two different paths to follow on your trip up and back. Say Hi to Bermuda for me since I won't make it there this year. I have been there on one ship or another for the last 6 years. As you can tell, I love Bermuda.

Horseshoe is nice, so there are lots of people there.

I would recommend spending a half hour at Horseshoe and then heading towards Warwick. There are spurs off the trail that led down to beautiful coves. If you are lucky you may end up swimming from your very own private beach.