Just off Star Mexican Riviera cruise 3/19/11

hrabba

Hi,

Just got off the Star from cruising the Mexican Riviera and wanted to let everyone know we had a great time!

If anyone has questions be sure to ask. My husband, 2 daughters, and myself stayed in one of the new family suites on the 12th floor. We loved it. The VIP treatment was great and Andrew, the butler, was wonderful.

The over-the-door shoe holder was the best tip we received on cruise critic, and helped us keep organized.

My 9 year old loved the kids club, but my 13 year old hated the teen club (not organized or structured at all). Food was all great, but terrible service at the Blue Lagoon restaurant, which happened to be my kids' favorite place.

Can't wait to go again!:p

We have found that to be true at the Blue Lagoon on any ship, however we go there because we like the fish and chips!

Wondering which suite you were in? We stayed in 12022 last year when it was brand new and have it booked again this year. Can't wait!

Did you eat your breakfasts and lunch in Cagney's? I sure hope some of the same staff are there when we go back next time.

Glad you had a good time!

I learned our first time on the Star (iside passage to Glacier Bay) that Blue Lagoon was the best of all possible venues for early-riser breakfast. Quick service, dandy menu, great views, friendly staff. One lunch taught me to avoid the place after 11 a.m. Too many folks waiting too long for "comfort food," I expect.

We were in suite 12026. We did eat lunch once at Cagney's and breakfast there several times. For some reason, my daughter got sea sick when she ate there, or we would have probably eaten there more often. We had very good service there!

We'll be on the Star in 2 weeks! looking forward to the rest of your review

Do you know if 7y/0 and 9 y/o can be in same group in kid's Club? Also, what floor is kid's club on?

Did they do the Dolphin Swim?

Which ports? Anything about safety issues? Did you buy ship tours?

We spent 2 days in Cabo since Mazatlan was considered too dangerous for tourists, and 1 day in Puerto Vallarta. We didn't book tours on the ship, but did directly in the ports ( a lot cheaper). We did horseback riding in Cabo, and zip-lining in PV. We felt pretty safe, a lot of securtiy officers around, but we didn't wander too far away from the "toursity" area.

Do you know if 7y/0 and 9 y/o can be in same group in kid's Club? Also, what floor is kid's club on?

Our kids did not do the dolphin swim, maybe next time! We tried to get our 2 girls in the 10-12 age group and they said no. They were very strict about kids staying in the correct age group. One of the age groups is 6-9, so your kids will be together. My 9 year old loved her kids group (the 6-9 group). She would wake up early to go and want to stay there until it closed at 10:30. We would take her out for meals, and she would rush right back.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

The kids club is on the 12th and 13th floors.

Archived