Bus and Ferry schedule print versions

lilyfrog73

If you want a printed version for planning purposes, I would ignore the ferry schedule because the summer schedule has not been released yet. The summer schedule should be available 4/11. For the buses, I would only print the routes that you have identified that you will be using.

For instance, route #7 because it includes the Dockyard, Gibbs L/H, Horseshoe Bay Beach, routes #10 & #11 because it includes BAMZ, caves, Swizzle Inn and St George.

If you have a destination in mind, but can not find it; just ask.

SBtS

when I wrote in my previous post - routes #10 & #11 because it includes BAMZ, caves, Swizzle Inn and St George - should have wrote - routes #10 OR #11 because they include BAMZ, caves, Swizzle Inn and St George. The routes only differ at the start as they leave the bus terminal before they synch up.

SBtS

If you want a printed version for planning purposes, I would ignore the ferry schedule because the summer schedule has not been released yet. The summer schedule should be available 4/11. For the buses, I would only print the routes that you have identified that you will be using.

For instance, route #7 because it includes the Dockyard, Gibbs L/H, Horseshoe Bay Beach, routes #10 & #11 because it includes BAMZ, caves, Swizzle Inn and St George.

If you have a destination in mind, but can not find it; just ask.

SBtS

It is so frustrating the new ferry schedule isn't released until April 11th. My cruise leaves for Bermuda on April 11th so we can't plan it at all.

I have been waiting for the new summer ferry schedule so I can plan my trip at the end of the month. Need to rent scooters and not sure if the ferry will run regularly to St. George or not.

I guess I need to wait.

SailBadtheSinner, I just want to thank you for all the wonderful information you give to all of us. It is greatly appreciated. ((( PLUS, LOVE LOVE YOUR CC NAME :)

There are three of us heading to Bermuda on April 13th and if possible we would like to know how late the buses and ferries run?

Thanks so much...

Nina

from the 2010 summer ferry schedule:

• the last ferry from St George to the Dockyard is at 6:05pm
  • the last ferry from Hamilton to the Dockyard is at 10:00pm

from the bus schedule:

• the last bus from St George to Hamilton which would enable you to catch the last ferry to the Dockyard is a route #11 bus at 8:45pm
  • the last bus from Hamilton to the Dockyard is a route #8 at 10:45pm; travel time for this route is 62 minutes.

times would be for weekdays only

SBtS

I would think? (no idea, though) that the schedule would not change that much when the new one comes out??? We are there for three days, no weekends...

thanks again

Nina aka cavewoman from Baltimore, Maryland

I would think? (no idea, though) that the schedule would not change that much when the new one comes out??? We are there for three days, no weekends...

thanks again

Yes, it does change to add ferries and also usually later schedule to accommodate summer visitors. The weekdays are actually busier in terms of number of tourists bec. fewer ships in port on weekends.

Put "bermudabus" in your search engine. I forgot what the exact http://www.com address is, but there is the full schedule, rates, zones, etc etc. It mentions that the tokens are usable on the ferries as well, I did not notice if the ferry scehdule is on line as well.

Put "bermudabus" in your search engine. I forgot what the exact www.com address is, but there is the full schedule, rates, zones, etc etc. It mentions that the tokens are usable on the ferries as well, I did not notice if the ferry scehdule is on line as well.

Which link did you use?

Bus schedules are available hare: http://www.rccbermuda.bm/portal/server.pt?open=512&objID=252&mode=2&in_hi_userid=2&cached=true

Use the drop down box on left called Topics and select the route you are interested in.

At the same site, at the top menu, select Transport > Ferries for the ferry schedule. However, when I just looked the Winter Schedule was posted; the Summer Schedule will be posted in less than 2 weeks.

SBtS

The difference between the 2 route 7's and the 2 route 8's is that one of the route 7 buses and one of the route 8 buses do NOT go all the way to the Dockyard. Whenever you board an outbound bus route #7 or #8, ask the driver if the bus goes to the Dockyard.

SBtS

If you are docked in King's Wharf Dockyard, you can take the ferry to Hamilton at 6:30pm or 7:30pm. Return to Dockyard: 10pm or 11pm (such ferry timings are available only on Wednesdays for Harbor Nights).
http://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda_0000b2.htm

As much as this makes sense to me, I plan to double check it before staying that long.

thanks again

Nina and Earl,

Hi, it's Jan from the Pride last April. We met at the meet and greet. Is Shirley going with you this time? Believe it or not we are going to Bermuda in April too but we're leaving from New York on 4/14. It's so much closer to us since we're in CT. Last year the ride to Baltimore took us 3 1/2 hours but the ride back took us 8 hours!!! The traffic was horrendous.

We won't be in Bermuda until the afternoon of the 16th so I guess we won't see you. Maybe we'll see you sailing away. Have a wonderful time!

The difference between the 2 route 7's and the 2 route 8's is that one of the route 7 buses and one of the route 8 buses do NOT go all the way to the Dockyard. Whenever you board an outbound bus route #7 or #8, ask the driver if the bus goes to the Dockyard.

SBtS

And the 7's travel on South Road, while the 8's use Middle Road. As a result, you must use the 7's if you want to go to the beach.

SBtS

Thank you! That's good info to have!!

SBtS

You don't have to ask the driver. The buses say on the front. If they say Dockyard (Somerset/Dockyard) they are going to the Dockyard. If they say Barnes Corner they are not going all the way to the Dockyard. That is right on the from of the bus.

Archived