Any Reviews Commnets My Time n Place Falmouth

Puffinater

• 2 weeks later...

How far is this beach from the port? It does appear very secluded. In addition, I'd like to know about cleanliness as well. Nothing against animals, but he appears to have quite a few lose dogs there, and I really don't want my group to have to tip-toe around the sand to prevent from walking in dog poo.

Going on May 1 fos falmouth still a mystery to me. Can"t seem to find anything

This is the strangest port of call I have ever come up against. There is literally nothing but "Fluff" excursions available (Unless you want to go to Dunns River Falls..(Which just isn;t our thing) For the 1st time in over 100 ports of call we have visited, we are considering staying on board...really hate to do that, but seems foolish to pay for tour we are just not interested in....If you come up with anything "exciting" (but not adventurous or thrill seeking) please post.

• 2 weeks later...

The website links the cruise pass for $15 but not much more info. Where is it? How is the swimming? Clean beach? Bathroom and changing rooms? Snorkeling? Chairs and/or umbrellas or shade? Most important, how often does shuttle return to town/ship? Hope to read a recent of someone's recent visit. Some positive report on Yahoo Travel but several years old and not cruise related.

The website links the cruise pass for $15 but not much more info. Where is it? How is the swimming? Clean beach? Bathroom and changing rooms? Snorkeling? Chairs and/or umbrellas or shade? Most important, how often does shuttle return to town/ship? Hope to read a recent of someone's recent visit. Some positive report on Yahoo Travel but several years old and not cruise related.

I agree this place is a mystery. We would like to try it, but have many questions.

• 2 weeks later...

I too would love to hear from someone who has been to this place since the Falmouth Port opened.

Is the $15 shuttle a good deal? How was the food?

How about the beach/water?

I don't trust the tripadvisor reviewers like I trust the folks on these boards.

Please! Help us future cruisers!

I too would love to hear from someone who has been to this place since the Falmouth Port opened.

Our group booked My time and place. I figured we could be the "test subjects" for others here on cruisecritic. We sail next week. I will come back and report our opinions. We really don't want a long drive to go to Ocho Rios or Montego Bay. We just want the Beach. Let's hope it is a good day at MTnP for us.

Our group booked My time and place. I figured we could be the "test subjects" for others here on cruisecritic. We sail next week. I will come back and report our opinions. We really don't want a long drive to go to Ocho Rios or Montego Bay. We just want the Beach. Let's hope it is a good day at MTnP for us.

We are also looking for more recent reviews/info. In addition to info on what is there, I especially would like to know about details of return to ship.

Cya@Sea, my whole family is rooting for you and yours!

It sounds like we are all looking for the same thing.

The Time N Place website appears to have changed the terms of the "day pass" for cruisers. If I'm not mistaken, the offer was $15 for transportation both ways and full access to Time N Place. Now the offer is $10 for access, lounge chairs and use snorkel equipment (or "equipments" as the Time N Place folks call it). I went ahead and reserved spots for my family in July, and the confirmation included instructions on how to get the shuttle to Time N Place.

What I am currently unclear on is whether the price reduction means that transportation is now an additional, separate expense, or if transportation both ways is still included in that $10 fee. With 7 people in my group, the money can really add up if we have to pay for transportation on top of the entrance fee.

Cya@Sea, I'm really looking forward to learning about your experience. I hope you have a great time.

Cya@Sea, my whole family is rooting for you and yours!

It sounds like we are all looking for the same thing.

The Time N Place website appears to have changed the terms of the "day pass" for cruisers. If I'm not mistaken, the offer was $15 for transportation both ways and full access to Time N Place. Now the offer is $10 for access, lounge chairs and use snorkel equipment (or "equipments" as the Time N Place folks call it). I went ahead and reserved spots for my family in July, and the confirmation included instructions on how to get the shuttle to Time N Place.

What I am currently unclear on is whether the price reduction means that transportation is now an additional, separate expense, or if transportation both ways is still included in that $10 fee. With 7 people in my group, the money can really add up if we have to pay for transportation on top of the entrance fee.

Cya@Sea, I'm really looking forward to learning about your experience. I hope you have a great time.

I was quoted 15 each also that was roundtrip transportation and entry fee. I wiil let everyone know how it went upon return. There are 12 of us going so it should be fun.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont go any where without checking tripadvisor first. Its a sister site to CC and have never found it to stear me wrong.

I was in Falmouth in Feb and stayed at the port and then took the free shuttle to Rose Hall..we loved it and the people were great. I cant wait to go back next year and see the progress they have made. Dot

I dont go any where without checking tripadvisor first. Its a sister site to CC and have never found it to stear me wrong.

I was in Falmouth in Feb and stayed at the port and then took the free shuttle to Rose Hall..we loved it and the people were great. I cant wait to go back next year and see the progress they have made. Dot

I use tripadvisor all the time as well. I just trust the reviewers on this board a little more.

I hope Cya@Sea is having a good week. I'm really looking forward to the review of Time n' Place.

I will be the first to say that my wife and I had a great time at this place. We were looking for a relaxing Jamaica spot that wasn't filled with commercial fluff.

The wooden huts and palm leaves reminded me of a Gilligan's Island Theme. We were able to drink pina- coladas and other natural fruit juice blended by the bartender and other requests. We also spoke to Tony the owner, who is such a character.

We gave the dogs treats ( coconut was my favorite dog)and snorkeled along the reef which is just walking distance into the beach. This was cool because usually we would have to take a boat ride out. We saw some beautiful fish. We played volley ball and made swings in an hammock located out in the water under a shed.

Overall we had a good time. But if you do not like the true authentic feeling of a country and prefer more commercialized activities this may not be the spot for you.

Archived