PR: Crown Princess to Debut Line's First Roundtrip Caribbean Sailings from New York

Coral

I second that wish about Bermuda staying overnight. Seems everyone is excited about the stop! One drawback leaving out of NYC to me is too many sea days. I wish they would trade San Juan for Princess Cays. Anyone ever been to the Turks and Caicos?

This is so great. If the earlier sail dates are correct 8/16 here we come!!!!!!

I just hope its eastern!!!!!!!!! I would think by summer 06 the ny piers should be improved .... and the fellow poster is correct - during the week the piers are empty. Weekends are a MADHOUSE. Have done it twice - never again on a weekend.

Too funny, no one is talking about the Western Caribbean, LOL! The more I thought about it, I really do wish they drop San Juan. RCI Voyager and NCL Dawn make it back from the Bahamas into New Jersey and New York in 1 1/2 days, although they depart like 2:00 or 3:00 pm the latest. I would love to see this itinerary:

Wed - Sailaway

Thurs - At Sea

Friday - Bermuda (overnight)

Saturday - Bermuda

Sunday - At sea

Monday - St. Thomas

Tuesday - Grand Turk

Wednesday - Princess Cays

Thursday - At Sea

Friday - Arrive at NYC

-OR-

Wed - Sailaway

Thurs - At Sea

Friday - At Sea

Saturday - Tortola

Sunday - St. Thomas

Monday - Grand Turk

Tuesday- Princess Cays

Wednesday Bermuda

Thursday - At Sea

Friday Arrive at NYC

Ahh, wishful thinking:)

This is so great. If the earlier sail dates are correct 8/16 here we come!!!!!!

I just hope its eastern!!!!!!!!! I would think by summer 06 the ny piers should be improved .... and the fellow poster is correct - during the week the piers are empty. Weekends are a MADHOUSE. Have done it twice - never again on a weekend.

It is probably an Eastern that week. Looks like Western cruises will be :

6/23

7/2

7/29

8/25

9/30

I'm looking at either 7/11 or 7/20. As Roe2ship said sounds great except for San Juan. That's a stay on the ship port for me. :)

Bill

Thanks for posting the press release. DH and I were planning to sail on the Crown Princess in January, 2007. We were still considering a cruise for our 35th anniversary in June, 2006. I think a 9-day sailing on the brand new Crown will be a perfect way to celebrate! Hope DH agrees.

Chris

I just returned this past Sat. from the Caribbean Princess and loved Her.I don't like to fly so We drive and its a long trip from NY. I also just heard that Crown Princess will do several Eaastern and Western Itineraries out of NYC. Can't wait as I am only a little over an hour away by car. It will make it so much easier on us. Sailed out of NYC last Sept. and it was congested but didn't let it bother us. Grew up in NYC and as a New Yorker We just go with the flow. NYC has new piers in Brooklyn and Manhattan scheduled for renovation to accomodate the Cruise Ships. So hopefully, before long, they will be up and running and people will have an easier time embarking and disembarking the Ships.

Ok, I'm going to have to check the website, I hope she's their more than 1 day. There's just not enough time to do things if it's only for 1 day, absolutely love Bermuda, prettiest, cleaniest and friendliest island you can go to.:D

Debbie

I couldn't agree more.

[quote name='S.S.Oceanlover']. As Roe2ship said sounds great except for San Juan. That's a stay on the ship port for me. :)

Bill[/QUOTE]

Oh come on Bill! You know you wanna go to Senor Frogs and get spanked and pinched by a shot girl!!! ;)

Wow, finally some news about the New Crown Princess. I never would have guessed that NYC based cruises was what Princess had in mind for her first season! This is exciting especially the news that Bermuda will be part of the Eastern intinerary. Even more exciting is Turks and Cacos where no other cruise line has gone before. I think that the eastern intinerary sounds alot more interesting than the western one. I guess for some people Port Canaveral might be interesting but overall the eastern itinerary sounds better than the western. Do you guys think that Princess will release ship layouts at the time that they start bookings? I'm really curious about how this ship's layout will look. I think alot of us will be booking cruises on the Crown next summer!:D

This is fantastic news! I'm glad Princess is joining the rejuvenation of cruising out of NY (meaning cruises beyond the traditional 7-day Bermuda run on smaller ships). NCL has done it and been wildly successful. Royal Caribbean and Carnival also have done it. Glad to see that it appaears to be paying off for them.

We love Princess and going out of NYC is our preference. We live in Dutchess County (Ike, I have the show your post to my wife so that she knows I'm not the only crazy one who won't fly and drove to FL for a cruise -we did the Grand in 2003 - LOL!). Our last NYC trip was on Pacific Princess to Bermuda (our favorite destination). Now we can get Bermuda, see something new (Turks and Caicos), get sea days, and go Princess out of NYC. Doesn't get any better than that!!!

We've never sailed with Princess before so this sounds very exciting. And Turks and Caicos sounds great too! :)

Hopefully this itinerary won't be in effect only for it's inaugural phase. According to the press release --->> 10 sailings East Carib...5 sailings West Carib.. THEN WHAT???? that's what I'd like to know.

Don't know whether we could sail in 2006.... 2007 is an option for us.

Archived