PR: Crown Princess to Debut Line's First Roundtrip Caribbean Sailings from New York

Coral

Hi Everyone! I am so excited about this itinerary! The only thing is, last year I went out of Bayonne on VOS (also 9 nights) and paid $1795 PP for ocean view (no balcony) and that was mid August. I'm guessing that this ship will be Way more than that, especially since I would really love a balcony this time, and want to travel in July. I understand 900 of the cabins have balconies. Well, let's all hope for decent prices, and fatten up our piggy banks! :)

• 2 weeks later...
I just read on another board that Travelocity has them posted on their site now. I just looked and our online agent was less than they had them posted for.

I have pricing from June and July because that is when we are going to go. If you want that e-mail me at [email]irishrose@cinci.rr.com[/email].

Kathy

The prices aren't pretty and the port times are less than attractive. The best port times are for San Juan. Heck skip San Juan and stay later at the other ports. Leave Turks & Caicos at 2pm? I initially liked this itinerary so I could see an island i never saw before. Also figured I could go out of NY and would save on airfare. The prices are high so in some instances it's cheaper to fly to Florida or San Juan and take a cruise.How much am I gonna see if I have to be on the ship at 1:30pm? I think I'll pass. :(

Bill

I agree. I don't like the port times. The islands sound fine, although I'd prefer St. Marteen over San Juan, but the times are so short. I go for the beaches and snorkeling and those times don't provide much island time. I'm passing and hoping the next new Caribbean ship will offer a better itinerary. I know some people go more for the ship, but I look for the islands first, ship second.

While Travelocity has pricing available, it looks as thought the deck plans, categories and pictures they are using are from the OLD Crown Princess.

Also, I noticed one of the itineraries included a stop in Santiago, Chile - the Crown Princess is not stopping in Chile, so before booking, you might want to call to confirm!

FYI ~

Is anyone else concerned about the ship being built and ready on time for a June sailing? I would rather not vacation in August, but want to make sure I am not disappointed if the trip gets cancelled if the ship isn't ready.

[quote name='nutbrown']Is anyone else concerned about the ship being built and ready on time for a June sailing? I would rather not vacation in August, but want to make sure I am not disappointed if the trip gets cancelled if the ship isn't ready.[/QUOTE]

Believe me, if you book the inaugural and for some reason the ship isn't ready and your cruise is cancelled you will be a VERY happy camper.

Booked for the end of July, mini-suites were about $2000 and a fortune for the third and fourth passenger. Princess seems to be raising the rates for 3rd and 4th passengers. It is almost cheaper to book 2 cabins.

[quote name='SusieCruisie']Hi Geckos, Did you book the eastern, or western? I got prices for $2000 pp for the Eastern, July 20th with Balcony, if you are saying you got that price for mini-suite, I'd love to know.Thanks :)[/QUOTE]

I got price of $4565 for 2 people on July 20th for AC mini suite. That includes port charges and govt fees/taxes.

Bill

[quote name='herb']Yikes! that's quite a bit more than we're paying for this upcoming cruise ... Carnival Legend July 24th , San Juan, St. Thomas, Tortola ... 8 nights ... $2200 for 2 people[/QUOTE]

You must have booked that awhile ago. The cheapest price I can find is $1499 for an inside cabin (4C).

If you want to compare apples to apples the prices for a cat 11 suite which I believe to be the equivalent to a mini suite on Princess is $4800.20 for 2 people.

It's still way out of my league for either cruise.

Bill

yes, we did book last year :D

Our price for inside was 1100 pp, now it's $1500 pp. Glad we booked when we did. Imagine paying DOUBLE the price for Cat. 11 ($2400pp), and once you leave your cabin, services are the same!!!

SSOceanlover, that sounds about right for a mini suite, as I stated, I got $2000 PP for July 20th with balcony.....not suite. What disturbed me was the $1400 for 3rd and forth.That is $6,800!!!We need a quad AND....I have another daughter that I pay for in my Mom's cabin.....so chalk up another $1400!!!! . So, I'm still thinking real hard about this one.If only the port times were better, I would have been booked already!
Tell me I'm nuts, and maybe I'll listen! lol!
($8,200.00) :O

Archived