Alaska Aft Balcony or Direct View on M Class

travelingmom37

Hi,

We are sailing on the Millennium, southbound through the inside passage.

I long ago booked a port side balcony for the view and hoped to get lucky to get the port side aft corner cabins but they went to larger groups ( they are intended for 5 people and the cruiseline was able to get the max.) BUT the second to the corner aft balcony on this M-Class Ship is available. These cabins are huge and fabulous ! If it was the Carib. I would be dancing.

My current port side cabin is standard but is directly faces the land.

If I switch ot the aft cabin, the view will be from behind, not straight on. It is one cabin away from the wrap around corner port side.

If i take the big cabin how much will our view be comprimised?

Feedback appreciated!! The sooner the better!!

Hi,

We are sailing on the Millennium, southbound through the inside passage.

I long ago booked a port side balcony for the view and hoped to get lucky to get the port side aft corner cabins but they went to larger groups ( they are intended for 5 people and the cruiseline was able to get the max.) BUT the second to the corner aft balcony on this M-Class Ship is available. These cabins are huge and fabulous ! If it was the Carib. I would be dancing.

My current port side cabin is standard but is directly faces the land.

If I switch ot the aft cabin, the view will be from behind, not straight on. It is one cabin away from the wrap around corner port side.

If i take the big cabin how much will our view be comprimised?

Feedback appreciated!! The sooner the better!!

All I can say is that we had an aft on Infinity this summer, and it was incredible. When the captain did his 180 degree turn at the front of the glacier, we ran back to our cabin from the front of the ship, and the next 45 minutes or so was heavenly. We spent tons of time on our balcony, laying on a lounge chair, sipping coffee or wine, and the view was always spectacular, because you get to see both sides!!

I had an aft on the Millie. I would only book an aft on an M class ship. Just fabulous. We also had one on the Infinity for the Panama Canal. Best cabins on the ship. If you take one, make sure to indicate "no upgrade."

Peteymil,

Which cabin were in on the Infinity? We are sailing on June 10th this summer on the Infinity in family veranda 7199. When I booked the cruise, the Celebrity agent assured me that this is a cabin with a fabulous view.

Any info you can share about the Infinity and shore excursions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Ditto to all the previous posters. We did an aft for Alaska, and I wouldn't have traded it for anything! As others have stated, when viewing the glacier, the captain opened up the helipad up front and then when he did a 180 to turn the boat around we too ran back to our cabin and had the best view on the ship (other than those on the public decks above). Not to mention on the M class ships the aft balconies are almost larger than the cabin! Grab the aft if you haven't already, you won't regret it!:)

We were lucky enough to snag an aft on one of our Alaskan cruises. We waited for 18 months hoping that there would be a cancellation on our Infinity or Summit (been on all of them just can't remember which one where) Alaskan voyage. Every passenger aft on that voyage was a member of our Cruise Critic group and they had promised to share a cancellation. They never budged, everyone remained in good health and nothing kept them from sailing.

I truly thought that the view from the aft cabin sailing into and out of Glacier Bay was even better than from deck 11 or the helipad. The other ah ha jaw dropping aft view was sailing out if Icy Straits. We saw whales and other sea creatures following the ship and moose returning to the waters edge as the ship silently passed the shores.

TAKE THE AFT!!!!

Then, join the Roll Call if you have not already done so. I'd venture your neighbors will be CC members too.

Have a great cruise.

We had this cabin last year on a ten day Carib. and we were in heaven.

It was only due to the prefered port side on a southbound Alaska cruise that had me worrying we would only look out at the sea ( which is our normal preference).

Feedback is awesome!:D

When you're in an aft cabin, not only do you get the view of the wonderful wake, but you can see everything to the left and to the right. It's wonderful for taking pictures and I've got some spectacular sunrises and sunsets taken from an aft balcony. Another plus on the M class ships is that the balconies are much larger and because they are on the aft, the wind is blocked and it's much more comfortable for sitting outside with a good book and a glass of wine. :D I would definitely get an aft cabin if one is available.

Garry

OK so you all have pretty much convinced me to do an Aft on our 2013 Southbound Alaskan cruise. My only concerns are:

Do you feel more movement Aft?

Do you hear more of the engines or more noise from anything else?

My goal is to snag an Aft Sky Suite with a Concierge Club next door for the kids (who will be 17 & 13 at cruise time - I'll have to book it with one adult in each room and then play musical cards when we get on board). Ever since becoming a mom, I'm a fairly light sleeper so the noise is my biggest concern.

Thanks for the help!

(BTW - the plan is to be on the Millie)

Archived