Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Proud2be1RRT

I will be going to the Southern Caribbean in May on Carnival Victory. Please give me any advice on shore excursions in Barbados, St Lucia, St Kitts, or St Maarten...any must do's??? I am so excited!! Any suggestions on anything would greatly be appreciated as I want this to be the best vacation ever!! Thanks!! ;)

countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=proud2be1rrt&date=5-1-2011&text=Southern Caribbean&ship=Carnival Victory

I'd do an all over island tour in St. Kitts - make sure to stop at the fort and Caribelle Batik - they have beautiful clothes there. End up with some beach time. You can do this one on your own - just hire a driver for the day.

Barbados - there are so many things to choose from here. If they have a pirate ship tour that is a lot of fun. So is swimming with the Sea Turtles.

St. Lucia - I love to take a catamaran trip to see the pitons and Marigot bay, you can also get some snorkeling in on that type of trip.

St. Maarten - Good shopping. After shopping go to Orient Bay for lunch.

I will be going to the Southern Caribbean in May on Carnival Victory. Please give me any advice on shore excursions in Barbados, St Lucia, St Kitts, or St Maarten...any must do's??? I am so excited!! Any suggestions on anything would greatly be appreciated as I want this to be the best vacation ever!! Thanks!! ;)

countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=proud2be1rrt&date=5-1-2011&text=Southern%20Caribbean&ship=Carnival%20Victory

You might have better luck getting this info if you go to the CC Ports of Call (sub-head Caribbean) section. Then click on each individual port listed in your itinerary.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

In Barbados we went to the Boatyard. If you like MTV's Spring Break it's great. If that is not your cup of tea, stay away. I understand swimming with the turtles is fantastic.

In St. Lucia Land & Sea to the Pitons is the best excursion ever; you go to a drive in Volcano.

In St. Kitts you should go to the fort. It's really amazing.

In St. Marteen we got a day pass to a Divi resort. It was sort of boring. I understand there is a cool bar near the beach & airport where if you can stand the noise it seems like the planes are going to land on you.

Agree you'll probably get more answers if you go to the various ports of call boards.

However, agree with St. Kitts and batik.

And on St. Maarten...Bernard's Tours is excellent if you want to book a non-ship tour. Do an Internet search, and you'll find Bernard's web site and can see what his tour covers.

countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=proud2be1rrt&date=5-1-2011&text=Southern Caribbean&ship=Carnival Victory

Don't know how adventurous you are to wander on your own but we frequently rent a car and head out to explore. St. Maarten in particular is small enough and easy enough to navigate that you can cover most of the island driving in a few hours. Great sightseeing of the local areas first hand and several outstanding beaches. Both sides cities (French and Dutch), while sometimes a little congested (you will hit both of the only two stop lights on the island) are easy to get through and have some interesting shops and restaurants. Most of the major rental car offices are right at the end of the ship pier and all can be reserved on-line. Give it a try. We've done it - and enjoyed the day - at St. Maarten, St. Lucia, Grand Cayman, Aruba, and Curacao.

Archived