Money Exchange Swedish Kroner

It is my understanding from reading all the CC helpful comments that Swedith Kroner is the only currency accepted in Stockholm. Just wondering .. to give me some perspective on exchange rates what for example would it cost for say a coffee or beer and sandwich in |Kroner. I was thinking of taking $50.00 in Kroner to use. Would this be sufficient?

You can use CC card just about every where. (some small souvenir shops excepted, but they one the other hand take dollars and euros)

50kr wont get you far. It all depends on where you go off course but a normal coffee will cost 20-25. A large latte about 35-40.

If I was only here for a day I wouldn't exchange anything but just use a Visa or MC card.

It might be an idea to make a sticky of various cities' costs in local currency for say coffee/beer/sandwich/meal ... even if can use credit card just for a day, a number of these ports are also embarkation ports where people might spend a day or two and prefer to have local currency.

It is my understanding from reading all the CC helpful comments that Swedith Kroner is the only currency accepted in Stockholm. Just wondering .. to give me some perspective on exchange rates what for example would it cost for say a coffee or beer and sandwich in |Kroner. I was thinking of taking $50.00 in Kroner to use. Would this be sufficient?

I think $50 in Krona would be more than enough. We did the exact same thing, exchanged $50 for Krona, and we decided to only use the Krona when necessary, and charging everything else. With that in mind, we used about 1/2 of the Krona, and we could have not even used that. We like to deal in the local currency a few times as it gives us the feeling we are really in that country. We used the Krona at a snack shop, to buy some small souvenirs and for some delicious pastries. Other than that, at all the major venues, we charged everything,and we exchanged what we had left, on returning home. If you find you want to spend more, you can hit any ATM for some extra money, but having some Krona to start enables you NOT to have to find an ATM on arriving in Stockholm and are able to get a good start on the day.

Cheers

Len

50 US dollars converts to SEK 310 as of today. More than enough for a sandwich and a couple of brews. :)

Al

Archived