Chanakanaab Picture Prices??

jacksmom09

We were there last week on our first cruise with the Radiance of the Seas. Booked the excursion from the ship. $99 each (kids/adult) for swim, push & pull with the dolphin. Observer is $49 I think.

After the encounter, you will go to their shop and they will show all the pictures taken for the group. We are 10 in our group. You can pick all the pictures you want. I paid $135 for all the pictures (3 persons) burned in CD in high jpeg quality. For 2 people, you pay $90. No printed photos just a CD.

A truly memorable experience for us. Here are some sample pics.

1259078289_M37fQwJ-L.jpg

1259075873_cM8cRtt-L.jpg

1259075968_kZhscJh-L.jpg

Yes, it's $99 per person for push, pull and swim. That's what I paid booking thru the ship. My wife did not swim with us but I paid $49 (observer) as entrance fee for the park.

Transportation from pier to park and back to pier is already included.

They also allow you to bring a waterproof camera.

We did the manatee encounter last summer and really enjoyed it. We were allowed to take a water camera in with us. We paid $15 per picture for the pictures they took.

Here are some photos:

IMG_0171.JPG

IMG_0228.JPG

Donna%20Manatee.jpg

This is the shot they took. The manatee is the gray one!:(

• 1 month later...

Ok, I am very confused now. The dolphin discovery site states that you are not allowed to bring your camera and I also spoke with someone in chat online for there and they stated the same thing.

But yet people are saying they brought their water camera?

We are just going to do the dolphin encounter (for my 3 year old daughter) and only want to take a few pictures of her with the dolphin. She won't be swimming with them or anything. So the camera won't be in the actual water.

Can you guys that brought your cameras tell me how you managed to do this? Did anyone say anything to you about them? Did you ask prior to getting in the water?

I had a underwater camera and so did others in our group. It was the disposable kind. I wish I had 2 we took so many cool dolphin and manatee pics! They even sell them there. So unless the rules have changed yes you can take a camera with you.

I did purchase 1 pic and a frame and I think I spent $35 total. They try real hard to get you to buy the video and pics and take you up to a viewing room after your swim. I didn't like this part as I felt pushed to buy.

I had a underwater camera and so did others in our group. It was the disposable kind. I wish I had 2 we took so many cool dolphin and manatee pics! They even sell them there. So unless the rules have changed yes you can take a camera with you.

I did purchase 1 pic and a frame and I think I spent $35 total. They try real hard to get you to buy the video and pics and take you up to a viewing room after your swim. I didn't like this part as I felt pushed to buy.

When did you go? Just wondering how long ago it was.

I have read several posts on tripadvisor that talk about the cost of the pictures/packages and using personal cameras. I'm taking my mom in a couple of weeks so I too have been trying to figure out the cost of the pictures.

From what I have read the picture package is about $100, individual pictures are about $25 each and disposable waterproof cameras at the park are about $25. I bought a disposable waterproof camera at Walgreens for $7 for my mom to take with her and I am planning on buying one of the pictures that they will take of her at the park unless the package is significantly cheaper.

I have read several posts on tripadvisor that talk about the cost of the pictures/packages and using personal cameras. I'm taking my mom in a couple of weeks so I too have been trying to figure out the cost of the pictures.

From what I have read the picture package is about $100, individual pictures are about $25 each and disposable waterproof cameras at the park are about $25. I bought a disposable waterproof camera at Walgreens for $7 for my mom to take with her and I am planning on buying one of the pictures that they will take of her at the park unless the package is significantly cheaper.

I will take a look at the reviews and comments on tripadvisor. I hadn't thought of that.

$25 EACH :eek: Are they fricken serious?

I have an expensive underwater camera, not a disposable, so I guarantee my pictures will turn out good=they may not let me use it because I wouldn't buy their overly ridiculous priced photos. :mad: But I'm going to try.

$25 EACH :eek: Are they fricken serious?

That's exactly what I thought when I finally pieced everything together.:mad:

I love my mom and yes this is a gift....but I'm not paying for a package of pictures that costs more than I paid for her to swim. :eek:

That's why I bought her the disposable camera...she can take her own. If that doesn't work then I told her I would pay for one picture. This way I have paid what it should have originally cost for the swim before I got the 20% discount.

• 1 month later...

Ok, let me see if I got this straight?

$25 per picture? What size is this picture, 8x10?

And do they take a picture of you when you do each "encounter" like the "kiss" and the "swim" and the "push"? So essentially each person would have 3 different pictures which means $75 per person if you buy all 3 pics.

Now with the video, did I read right when someone said that they didn't get any photos individually, but they got them all on a CD for $100? Is it something similar to the photopass CD that you get in Disney? LOL And if so, do they give you some kind of "photo release" that you can print them wherever you want?

I emailed the Dolphin Discovery place on the prices but still haven't heard back from them. So we'll see...

Ok, let me see if I got this straight?

$25 per picture? What size is this picture, 8x10?

And do they take a picture of you when you do each "encounter" like the "kiss" and the "swim" and the "push"? So essentially each person would have 3 different pictures which means $75 per person if you buy all 3 pics.

Now with the video, did I read right when someone said that they didn't get any photos individually, but they got them all on a CD for $100? Is it something similar to the photopass CD that you get in Disney? LOL And if so, do they give you some kind of "photo release" that you can print them wherever you want?

I emailed the Dolphin Discovery place on the prices but still haven't heard back from them. So we'll see...

They take a picture of you doing each activity with the dolphin (kiss, dance, holding, petting, etc.) After the swim is over they bring you to the gift shop where they upload the pictures they have taken of you onto desktop computers. You can scroll through and look and all of your pictures and choose what you want. My mom had probably a dozen or so pictures taken of her during her encounter. I was quoted $150 for all of the pictures which I thought was ridiculous, especially considering that some of them were really bad (even my mom thought so).

Once you have decided which pictures you want and the photographer transfers them to a CD for you to bring home while you go and pay. You have to take your paid receipt back to the photo counter to actually pick up your CD. You don't actually come home with a printed picture...you have to print it when you get home.

We've never been on Disney so I don't know if this system is similar or not.

There was no video when we were there in June. It was only still pictures that were taken during the encounter that were transferred to a CD. Hope this helps.

Just be aware that several people on here has complained that when they got home, the pictures were of ANOTHER FAMILY!! :eek: So I don't know if they will let you double check the cd when picking it up or not.

The photo guys were very good to put the finished CD into the machine and to show us the photo that we had paid for which was of my mom. I then watched the guy package and handle only that CD to make sure. If they don't do this automatically then ask them to show you the photo(s) that you have purchased before you leave.

They take a picture of you doing each activity with the dolphin (kiss, dance, holding, petting, etc.) After the swim is over they bring you to the gift shop where they upload the pictures they have taken of you onto desktop computers. You can scroll through and look and all of your pictures and choose what you want. My mom had probably a dozen or so pictures taken of her during her encounter. I was quoted $150 for all of the pictures which I thought was ridiculous, especially considering that some of them were really bad (even my mom thought so).

Once you have decided which pictures you want and the photographer transfers them to a CD for you to bring home while you go and pay. You have to take your paid receipt back to the photo counter to actually pick up your CD. You don't actually come home with a printed picture...you have to print it when you get home.

We've never been on Disney so I don't know if this system is similar or not.

There was no video when we were there in June. It was only still pictures that were taken during the encounter that were transferred to a CD. Hope this helps.

Great thanks. Did you have a problem when you went to print them at home? I know you said that you haven't been to Disney but they require that you have a "permission slip" LOL in order to print them because they are "professional". (well atleast the ones on the photopass CD)

Also, I've read on here that some people actually brought home prints (like $20 per picture, maybe an 8x10 or something) so maybe there are different packages to choose from??? I don't know, but I'm sure I'll find out when we get there next year. Thanks for your info!!!

Great thanks. Did you have a problem when you went to print them at home? I know you said that you haven't been to Disney but they require that you have a "permission slip" LOL in order to print them because they are "professional". (well atleast the ones on the photopass CD)

Also, I've read on here that some people actually brought home prints (like $20 per picture, maybe an 8x10 or something) so maybe there are different packages to choose from??? I don't know, but I'm sure I'll find out when we get there next year. Thanks for your info!!!

As far as I know there were no problems for my mom to print her picture. She didn't ask me for any help and she hasn't complained about getting it to print.

When we were ther in June I didn't see anyone leave with an actual picture...just a cd including us. I would have been much happier to come home with a picture already printed rather than a cd.

Hope you have a great time. My mom sure did and claims this excursion in her top 5 of all time best excursions.

As far as I know there were no problems for my mom to print her picture. She didn't ask me for any help and she hasn't complained about getting it to print.

When we were ther in June I didn't see anyone leave with an actual picture...just a cd including us. I would have been much happier to come home with a picture already printed rather than a cd.

Hope you have a great time. My mom sure did and claims this excursion in her top 5 of all time best excursions.

Great thanks!!!

Archived