Unused Platinum/Elite Minutes on B2B

paul929207

The letter describing the Elite benefits says that unused Elite/Platinum minutes will expire at the end of the first leg. We will get another credit for the second leg.

Sure. Was it booked as two cruises? You will then get all benefits that you recieved on the first cruise. No different than if they were 6 months apart or one day.

Janet

The letter describing the Elite benefits says that unused Elite/Platinum minutes will expire at the end of the first leg. We will get another credit for the second leg.

That's what it always says Paul, but it's really up to the discretion of the manager. Sometimes you get a nicer one; sometimes not. Enjoy your cruise.

We recently booked a 14 day BTB. I'm assuming as it was booked as one cruise we'll probably receive the lesser of the two packages. 7 days or less = 150 minutes // 8 - 20 days = 250 minutes. If they are booked individually you would gain 100 minutes, however we saved $250 by booking together. Win some; ya lose some. Either way it will be a great cruise. Truthfully, 250 minutes each is plenty to keep in touch with the kids and checking email. This is the best perk you get with Platinum / Elite membership in my opinion.

Can anyone confirm this?

Dave

We recently booked a 14 day BTB. I'm assuming as it was booked as one cruise we'll probably receive the lesser of the two packages. 7 days or less = 150 minutes // 8 - 20 days = 250 minutes. If they are booked individually you would gain 100 minutes, however we saved $250 by booking together. Win some; ya lose some. Either way it will be a great cruise. Truthfully, 250 minutes each is plenty to keep in touch with the kids and checking email. This is the best perk you get with Platinum / Elite membership in my opinion.

Can anyone confirm this?

Dave

Confirmed. Two separate cruises: 150 minutes each per cruise. One 14 day cruise: 250 minutes each per cruise.

We did a 14 day on the Ocean last September that was two different 7 day itins (we booked it as 14 days as price was a bit lower that way), and for the Platinum internet we got two 7 day packages-the internet manager cleared it out after 7 days, you lost any non-unsed time, and started fresh with a new 7 day package.

Confirmed. Two separate cruises: 150 minutes each per cruise. One 14 day cruise: 250 minutes each per cruise.

Are you sure?

Even though it is booked as one cruise, when we have had this in the past on a B2B, each segment came with a letter to the cabin about the benefits about that segment and it would list the Internet one for just that segment.

Just like getting the mini-bar setup at the start of each segment.

Just like getting a new cruise card at the start of each segment.

Hope you're correct about the two internet credits. I'll be sure to ask the attendant on our first day

Dave

It depends on the ship on some even though you book a cruise (a B2B) as a single cruise it is treated as 2 separate cruises! I have even had my CC billed in a turnover port on a cruise booked as a single cruise! Other times it was treated as one cruise! 1 mini bar 1 Internet credit account rolled over etc.

Are you sure?

Even though it is booked as one cruise, when we have had this in the past on a B2B, each segment came with a letter to the cabin about the benefits about that segment and it would list the Internet one for just that segment.

Just like getting the mini-bar setup at the start of each segment.

Just like getting a new cruise card at the start of each segment.

It doesn't always happen that way, Bill, and I sure take enough B2B's to know and experience it both ways. If it does, the OP will reap the extra benefits.

We've found that this is not always the case. We've booked 2 7-days b2b's as a single 14-day cruise and were given separate internet packages for each 7-day segment. We've also had the same thing with booking 2 10-day cruises b2b as a 20 day cruise, i.e. separate internet packages. We were allowed to carry over unused time on one cruise and not on the another.

We've had the same experience with separate b2b cruises: sometimes you can carry over unused credit and sometimes not.

It varies from ship to ship and from internet mgr to mgr. The only way you can be sure is to read the letter from the CC host/hostess on boarding day which usually specifies what the internet package is then verify with the cafe mgr.

We've found that this is not always the case. We've booked 2 7-days b2b's as a single 14-day cruise and were given separate internet packages for each 7-day segment. We've also had the same thing with booking 2 10-day cruises b2b as a 20 day cruise, i.e. separate internet packages. We were allowed to carry over unused time on one cruise and not on the another.

We've had the same experience with separate b2b cruises: sometimes you can carry over unused credit and sometimes not.

It varies from ship to ship and from internet mgr to mgr. The only way you can be sure is to read the letter from the CC host/hostess on boarding day which usually specifies what the internet package is then verify with the cafe mgr.

See my preceding post

Patter usually says the package minutes are good until you disembark.

Archived