Silver Moon's 24-Passenger Excursion?

candydane

Hello - I have been to Barbados several times and we have gone on Cool runnings - they are amazing, I can't say enough how much we enjoyed them. We were there for a week long vacation and had planned to go on the catamaran once - we loved it so much we went back a second time on the same trip. The level of service is exceptional! The staff is super friendly and attentive and the experience is worth every penny! Also the food is very yummy!

For those that have booked with Silver Moon, is the only way to pay the downpayment by fax giving out your CC # and security code ?

I have issues with this and they will not accept a telephone call with me providing the info.

Just wondering how others have paid the downpayment.

We cruised with them last spring, and I had no problem calling them and giving them my credit card info. over the phone. I didn't want to fax either. I can't believe they aren't accepting calls. Send them an email and inquire about this. Sounds strange. It is a great excursion!

DH and I will be going to Barbados in December. I was thinking about Silver Moon. I was specifically worried about shade. I am a redhead and burn just thinking about the sun so snorkeling will be plenty, sitting on the boat in the sun is not good. Which of their 2 boats would give me more options for shade?

Definitely book their "12 passenger Deluxe Cruise". That catamaran is better covered (for wind, rain and shine) and more luxurious than the "24 passenger Cruise" catamaran. Also it's much nicer with only 12 people onboard. I've sailed both "cats" with Silver Moon and really love the one they use for 12 people more. You'll love this 12 person excursion and the catamaran. Great drinks, food, service, and super snorkeling. They do a great job of trying to avoid the crowds at the turtle stop. Their snorkel tour was over some of the best reefs we've ever seen. Book as soon as you can. I don't know if they book earlier than 6 months out. Email them to see.Their tours are always sell-outs!!!! Enjoy yourself and just slather on the sunscreen..... burning is no fun!

For those that have booked with Silver Moon, is the only way to pay the downpayment by fax giving out your CC # and security code ?

I have issues with this and they will not accept a telephone call with me providing the info.

Just wondering how others have paid the downpayment.

I've faxes or emailed (in a scan of the confirmation form) 5 or 6 times and never had an issue.

Frankly though, I share your concern. I have a Citibank credit card and usually use their "Virtual Card" system when giving out our credit card in emails or web sites.

If I didn't have this I'd use a secondary card and not the main card I have a lot of automatic transactions attached to. I've had to change that once or twice and it is a big hassle.

Also, despite the quote in US $ the charge from silver moon will be in Barbados dollars at the current exchange rate. Therefore you'll get a small difference due to exchange rates and also a foreign service charge if your credit card charges one. But it is all worth it my opinion as we thin the Silver Moon is fantastic!!

Thanks to the recent replies. What I am going to check ou tomorrow is see how these prepaid credit cards work and see if I can use one of those if they do not accept the US bank draft.

Silver Moon are not too prompt in returning emails as I can wait 2 or 3 days awaiting a reply.

I've faxes or emailed (in a scan of the confirmation form) 5 or 6 times and never had an issue.

Frankly though, I share your concern. I have a Citibank credit card and usually use their "Virtual Card" system when giving out our credit card in emails or web sites.

If I didn't have this I'd use a secondary card and not the main card I have a lot of automatic transactions attached to. I've had to change that once or twice and it is a big hassle.

Also, despite the quote in US $ the charge from silver moon will be in Barbados dollars at the current exchange rate. Therefore you'll get a small difference due to exchange rates and also a foreign service charge if your credit card charges one. But it is all worth it my opinion as we thin the Silver Moon is fantastic!!

Definitely book their "12 passenger Deluxe Cruise". That catamaran is better covered (for wind, rain and shine) and more luxurious than the "24 passenger Cruise" catamaran. Also it's much nicer with only 12 people onboard. I've sailed both "cats" with Silver Moon and really love the one they use for 12 people more. You'll love this 12 person excursion and the catamaran. Great drinks, food, service, and super snorkeling. They do a great job of trying to avoid the crowds at the turtle stop. Their snorkel tour was over some of the best reefs we've ever seen. Book as soon as you can. I don't know if they book earlier than 6 months out. Email them to see.Their tours are always sell-outs!!!! Enjoy yourself and just slather on the sunscreen..... burning is no fun!

Great! Thanks for the help. I will put them on the list of things to do.

Finally got an email from Katrina and they have accepted a US bank draft as a form of deposit. She has reserved our spots and the cheque is now in the mail. I feel much more relieved handling the deposit this way.

I can not say enough about how wonderful this excursion was! FANTASTIC! The crew, the turtles, food were exceptional! We would go again next time in Barbados! Thanks to Dale and his crew! Pam:)

I agree with Pam. The excursion with Silver Moon is FANTASTIC and worth every penny. This was the highlight of our vacation. We will do it again when we go to Barbados! Our daughter didn't want to snorkle so she sat on the netting as watched the turtles. Marilyn brought the turtles right to the back of the boat. It is an experience you will never forget. The crew was very attentive and friendly. -Carol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We were on the Silvermoon February 14 and had the best day. Beautiful catamaran, clear blue water, love the sea turtles, exceptional service. Everything was perfect. I think we had less than 20 passengers on board, plenty of room for everybody with space to spare.

Stacey was the captain that day and she said they were using one of their other catamarans for the ship's excursion.

This was our second time with Silvermoon and I'm so glad we decided to spend the day with them.

Has anyone done the 3 hour versus the 5 hour? I know that the 3 hour doesn't include lunch which is fine with us as we want to be able to do our own thing for the rest of the day. I just want to see if the 3 hour and 5 hour tour is the same minus lunch. Thank you!

Has anyone done the 3 hour versus the 5 hour? I know that the 3 hour doesn't include lunch which is fine with us as we want to be able to do our own thing for the rest of the day. I just want to see if the 3 hour and 5 hour tour is the same minus lunch. Thank you!

Is the 3 hour the cruise ship excursion? On 2/14, they were completely different, the cruise ship excursion had more people onboard and had a completely different itinerary. For the most accurate information, I would e-mail Silvermoon.

Is the 3 hour the cruise ship excursion? On 2/14, they were completely different, the cruise ship excursion had more people onboard and had a completely different itinerary. For the most accurate information, I would e-mail Silvermoon.

The 3 hour one I am looking at isn't through the cruise ship - it is called the Turtle and Shipwreck snorkel under 'Adventures' on the Silver Moon website. Just wondering if anyone had done that one as well. My husband and I are doing a 5-6 hour boat excursion in both St. Lucia and Antigua (when we cruise in Nov, Barbados is our first port) so was hoping to mix it up with the 3 hour Silver Moon one and the rest of the time spent on a beach.

We just did the 5 hour version last week. SilverMoon was excellent with lots of special touches through the day. 1 st stop to swim with 5 turtles, 2 nd stop at 2 shipwrecks, and masses of fish all around, although much of the coral is dead. Then 3rd stop for a great lunch and beach swimming. Goggles and fins really good quality, fun crew, lots of drinks always offered, and cold towels at the end....perfect day. There was really plenty of swimming time throughout the day.

The 3 hour one I am looking at isn't through the cruise ship - it is called the Turtle and Shipwreck snorkel under 'Adventures' on the Silver Moon website. Just wondering if anyone had done that one as well. My husband and I are doing a 5-6 hour boat excursion in both St. Lucia and Antigua (when we cruise in Nov, Barbados is our first port) so was hoping to mix it up with the 3 hour Silver Moon one and the rest of the time spent on a beach.

You better check with them. They won't book people directly who come in on certain cruise lines. I'm coming in on Royal Caribbean and they told me I'd have to book the 3 hour from RC. I think I could have booked the 5 hour direct though.

Archived