Trolly Roger in Georgetown?

angiernc

• 9 months later...
Does anyone know if this is still available?

We just returned from a cruise on the NCL Pearl that stopped at Georgetown. We did the Trolly Roger as a ships tour. It was a disaster because of pouring rain that began as we were boarding the "trolly". My criticism would be pointed towards the tour operator having no contingency plan for the rain. We started - stopped while he dropped the side curtains which were dirty and so worn you could not see through them. He then sped through the streets with his usual commentary as the people who were seated on the left and right sides of the 5 seat benches got their butts soaked as the water poured into the seat and puddled. He had one towel for the some 40 to 50 people on the "trolly" that was passed around. I realize that the tour operator was in a bind. But he had no plan as to what to do when it rained. Everyone was complaining and he offered little in the way of solutions. It was a waste of money.

Would the tour have been okay with out the rain. For the $20 each it cost, it was just okay. Honestly, we would have been better off just walking the streets in Georgetown shopping and people watching. I would not recommend and certainly not if you expect rain.

Archived