I worked for Royal Caribbean and shot these videos in my spare time

Thanks! Glad you liked it. A lot of those shots are parts of longer videos, and if you look through my list of videos on YouTube, you can see them. I also left a link in the video section of this board, but it doesn't seem like people visit that very often.

Wow, that was an excellent video! That really makes me want to go on a Royal Caribbean cruise, espcially one to Alaska!

Question: How did you get your job with RCI? I would love to be able to work on a cruise ship as a teen counselor or cheir engineer.

You worked on THE WORLD!!! I have seen numerous tv shows about that and hopefully, doubt it, I can retire on that ship and just read all day, like the Microsoft guy.:p;):D

Wow, that was an excellent video! That really makes me want to go on a Royal Caribbean cruise, espcially one to Alaska!

Question: How did you get your job with RCI? I would love to be able to work on a cruise ship as a teen counselor or cheir engineer.

You worked on THE WORLD!!! I have seen numerous tv shows about that and hopefully, doubt it, I can retire on that ship and just read all day, like the Microsoft guy.:p;):D

I lived in Vancouver, and saw an ad in the paper for crew. I had always wanted to work on a cruise ship, so I applied. The hiring agent was in town, so I met with her and a few weeks later I was on a ship! The Vision of the Seas was my first. Panama, Hawaii, Alaska...great introduction.

I did work on The World, for an entire year. I am bound by non-disclosure to not discuss the ship or people, but I can tell you it was an experience unlike anything I could have imagined. Billionaires, royalty, secret societies, behind-closed-doors peace summits, intense geopolitical players and debates, intense security on all levels, the ultimate in luxury, and a mostly empty ship with lots of space to do your thing. It's no cruise ship...and I wish I could tell you more, or show you videos/photos.

The music sounded so familiar. I think W hotels (Starwood) uses something very similar. Allure could just a little of that hipster scene :)

The music is from a band called Slide Five. They were around in the 90s, but aren't together anymore. Great band though...it's really too bad they broke up.

Allure could just a little of that hipster scene :)

I won't really know what music to use until I see the footage, but I've always had a knack for finding the right piece for the clip. I'll probably end up using a few songs, because I want to not only focus on the ship, but on the ports, the people and the events...so there will be a chance to mix it up.

I am pretty excited about a chance to go on the Allure this summer, and I've started working on it. I've put together a proposal and have sent it out to a few potential sponsors...but even if I can't find a sponsor and I have to fund it myself...I still want to do it. I've never actually taken a cruise, so it'd be fun...and hopefully the start of something unique and popular.

I really can't stop thinking about it. I was looking through all the Royal Caribbean B-Roll of the ship last night (I have access to the online database of videos, photos, press) and it looks absolutely overwhelming. There's so much to shoot. The press b-roll is pretty stunning and I can't wait to try out some of the ideas I have for timelapses on that ship (and eventually others!)

Great video!! Thanks for the mini cruise! :D Many happy memories at many of those places!

Your CC name also brings back many happy memories. One of our favorite wineries in Dorado county California is called Miraflores!

Thanks again....many flowers! ;)

Great video!! Thanks for the mini cruise! :D Many happy memories at many of those places!

Your CC name also brings back many happy memories. One of our favorite wineries in Dorado county California is called Miraflores!

My pleasure...glad you enjoyed it :)

Thanks! I've actually never been there though, but it sounds nice (I like wine!). I'm sure lots of you already know that one of the Panama Canal locks is named Miraflores...and that's why I picked the name. I also went to a place in Peru called Miraflores as well...near Lima. It was nice...surprisingly un-South American, but really nice.

• 2 weeks later...
I used to work for Royal Caribbean as a video tech, and I started shooting timelapse videos as a hobby from the bridge. I really enjoyed it, and did it for a couple of years. Here are some of my favorite clips, all edited into one video. I really hope you enjoy it...it's a neat little trip around Europe, South America, the Caribbean and Alaska and it shows you a side of cruising you don't see when you're out there doing it in real time.

Watch for the glacier at 3:20...that worked out pretty nicely :)

Im curious. The URL country code seems to be Belgian yet the vid seems all about BC.

Im curious. The URL country code seems to be Belgian yet the vid seems all about BC.

'youtu.be' is just a url shortener for youtube.com, and makes it easier to share links on phones/ipads and through twitter and the like.

'youtu.be' is just a url shortener for youtube.com, and makes it easier to share links on phones/ipads and through twitter and the like.

What he said. It is a bit confusing...but it's just a shortener. They probably did register the name as Belgian. Lots of companies are doing that. dot.tv (Tuvalu) domains are also really popular.

Glad everyone is enjoying the video! I'm still trying to convince a company to help me cover costs to make more...no luck yet, but times are tough. I'll keep trying to find a sponsor, and hopefully you'll all get to see one from the Allure soon! If you know anyone who can help out...let me know!

:)

Archived