Owner's Suite???

Kharalew

So after reading through these boards I have found that people really LOVE the owner's suite. We are sailing the Fantasy on May 25th and have already paid in full for the Grand Suite for our family of 4. I called them today about the owner's suite and the upgrade would cost me $1900 more. This will be our first cruise ever and the owner's suite sounds soooo wonderful and I want to make it a surprise for my husband and kids. But.... is it worth the extra $1900?? That is a lot of money for us for a 5 night stay that we have already spent $3800 on. If anyone has ever stayed in an owner's suite (specifically on the Fantasy), let me know what you think! Thanks soooo much for your help!

This is a difficult one to answer. I’ve never been in the Owners suite and I’m sure it’s an awesome room. But in my opinion you could spend that $1900 is better spent on on some excursions. If you don’t have any booked I would urge you to do so, they make for better memories than just walking around the port :)

You are right that we can go on an entire new cruise for the price of just an upgrade. Plus, I'm sure the suite we are already booked for is nice. I would really love the room, but I think it would be nice to go on another cruise. Who knows, maybe if they don't get booked they will cut the price in half?? :)

I'd do it with one caution... it's hard to sail in a lower cabin afterwards. I've stayed in the Captain's Suite on the Liberty (also available on the Valor) and I'm gonna miss it on the next one (even though I'm in a GS anyway). I'd have done the CS again but it was booked already.

You will be spoiled forever after, just my opinion, sorry i apologize i am a "balcony snob"

Book your next cruise onboard with the $1900 will be a great surprise. Go to the future cruise desk together and everyone can participate in the planning. Just my 2cents.

Have a great cruise.

Prepare to be addicted to cruising.

Hi i'm don I can not stop cruising.

The Owner's Suite is amazing, we've done it once. However, the Grand Suites are very nice as well. The only reason we spent the extra money for the OS on the Ecstasy was because it was my 30th birthday and it was something I had always wanted to do.

That being said, if I came across some disposable income I would do it again in a heartbeat. However, with the economy the way it is, I'd save my money and take another cruise instead.

You will be spoiled forever after, just my opinion, sorry i apologize i am a "balcony snob"

Book your next cruise onboard with the $1900 will be a great surprise. Go to the future cruise desk together and everyone can participate in the planning. Just my 2cents.

Have a great cruise.

Prepare to be addicted to cruising.

Hi i'm don I can not stop cruising.

Yes!!!!!

Archived