Bus from philly to ny????

JAMES CAPARROS

Since the original question is not specifically about Princess cruises but transportation to the cruise departure port, it prolly S/H/B asked at North American Homeports board, East Coast Departures forum: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415

A search there may provide the answer.

SBtS

Has anyone taken the bus from philly to ny? If so can you tell me exactly where you are suppossed to meet the bus? They tell you in the parking lot but the parking lot is pretty big.

We used this type of service provided by another cruise line. Specific times and locations were given to people, by the cruise line, who were picked up along the way. This is what it says on the Princess web site so you should be able to get your answer by contacting one of the below.

For scheduling, dates and pick-up locations closest to you, please contact your travel agent, call

1-800-PRINCESS or visit Cruise Personalizer®.

Has anyone taken the bus from philly to ny? If so can you tell me exactly where you are suppossed to meet the bus? They tell you in the parking lot but the parking lot is pretty big.

Hi James, Did you check the "details" section in your itinerary within the cruise personalizer? We are picking up the bus in Baltimore for the 4 Jun CB sailing. Ours is a fairly detailed description when I expand the details. Sorry to be of no help if you've already done this.

Jamie

James, we have not used the bus transport but as a previous poster mentioned, we have used Amtrak. At 30th Street, we used the red cap to help us with our luggage and we boarded the train with no problems. Once we reached Penn Station, we took our luggage ourselves, but you could use a red cap there, too. We grabbed a taxi to Brooklyn pier and it was an easy ride. DH and I remarked what a great trip it was without the hassle of flying and that we didn't feel as frazzled. Our return was through San Juan, so we didn't escape the airports completely.

I may be wrong, but I think the bus will stop in a couple of locations and you can choose the stop that works best for you.

I took the bus a few years ago. It stopped and picked up passengers in the back of the parking lot. Princess will tell you exactly where when you book. It was great and the most economical and convenient way to go. Once you got on the bus, you did not have to deal with you bags again until they were delivered to your cabin. The bus stops in Philly, and then in South Jersey and on to NY. I also used Dave's Best Limo service from NY to my home in Philly and they were good but much more expensive. I think $50pp each way.

James... we did this last summer, me and a then-five year old over a holiday weekend... we had my mom drop us off at the trenton train station (they redid it, its quite nice and i felt quite safe and its super close to philly... just turnpike east to jersey and right over the bridge) and then it was a whopping 15 dollars roundtrip from trenton to penn station... and a 10 dollar cab ride to the port... it would have been in the 70$pp range for amtrak, and still the same cab ride. and it had much more regular service than amtrak did.

I took the bus a few years ago. It stopped and picked up passengers in the back of the parking lot. Princess will tell you exactly where when you book. It was great and the most economical and convenient way to go. Once you got on the bus, you did not have to deal with you bags again until they were delivered to your cabin. The bus stops in Philly, and then in South Jersey and on to NY. I also used Dave's Best Limo service from NY to my home in Philly and they were good but much more expensive. I think $50pp each way.

I live in SNJ and see that you mentioned that Princess does the transfer also from there do you know where In SNJ.I live in the Chery Hill/Marlton area.

Thanks Jeff

Archived