Ww Needs Buddies To Lose Alot Of Weight For Nov 27th Cruise. Anyone Interested?

bandit0000

Sorry but I weigh in on Monday nites to Weight Watchers. As soon as I get the bad news(?) I will post my loss/gain. I was good yesterday so hopefully I will lose today. It has been a long slooooow process to lose any weight this time. I am looking at possibly doing the CORE plan with WW to try to push more weight loss. In 8 weeks I have only lost 5 pounds. Any WW's out there who can give me any tips? THis is my second go around with WW and the first time I lost 20 pounds and it was easy. THis time, whew, it is a constant battle! Kristie

Thanks! It's not always easy. We had a spread at work yesterday for Easter and temptation got the best of me. But, I still lost, so it wasn't to bad. I've heard some people on here say that when they hit a plateu the have a pig out day and it helps them. I'm not a big believer in that, but I guess it worked.

I am sorry for not posting my weigh in....I weigh in on Saturdays and I was donw .8 for a total of 31.8 I think:rolleyes:I would have to check my WW stats....

Good luck with a new week and hope we all have good losses even with Easter this past weekend...

kitty

Okay I did my WI last night and was UP 2.4 lbs. The leader has no idea what is going on as this has been happening the last 4 weeks. Up about 2 pounds one week , then the next week down the 2 pounds! I am going crazy! I am so ready to just blow WW off and try something else, but WW worked a year ago, me losing almost 20 pounds in 3 months! Anyone have any ideas? I journal, walk almost every day, do Yoga/Pilates once a week and drink water. I am stumped. My Dr. says my thyroid is fine. Don't tell me that because I am 49 my metabolism has just shut down! I want to eat on my cruise in September! Urgh!Thanks for letting me vent. I will give WW another 3 months and watch everything I do. Kristie

Maybe I should try CORE but I like bread and tortillas once in awhile. Not to mention Cake! LOL:)

Are you eating your AP's? If you are, then try to save them. If you aren't eating them, try eating them and see if that helps. I do the same thing (up 2, down 2, etc) often and have learned to eat my AP's when i am up. Your body may need the extra points.

I have been losing weight with ww for a while. I have lost almost 40 lbs. After Christmas I hit what I called a plateau. I would either gain up to 2 lbs or lose 0.2. I was very frustrated. I tried alot of different approaches including increasing exercise. The thing that worked the best is really cutting back on sugars and carbs. I still eat them but not in the quantities I was. I try to use all my points on healthy food choices and occassionally splurge. Since I tried this new approach I have lost over 5lbs in 2 weeks time. If you journal take a look at how you spend your points. Sometimes even if you stay in your points range but don't eat well you won't lose. Good luck. I know how frustrating it can be. I hoped to lose 52 lbs in one year and only lost 40. Stick to it and you will lose.

PS I am cruising at the end of April. I am not the size 8, I had hoped to be, but I am ok with it.

Hi,

I did my weigh in the other day and would rather not put down what I weigh (my hubby might see, lol), but needless to say when I weigh in again next week I will post my loss (notice I say loss, I have decided I am not going to allow myself to put on anymore weight- need to lose at least 50lbs.)

I am finding it really difficult this time around, I just cannot seem to get motivated. Even the thought of my lovely cruise is not doing the trick at the moment.

In the past I have lost 4 stones (put 6 back on) and then lost 5 stones (put 3 stones back on), so I know it can be done and the feeling when I am much slimmer is out of this world.

I have even tried hypnotherapy which seemed to work at first but I soon reverted back to my old ways.

I just feel so much happier when I have even lost just a few pounds, so whats stopping me? If only I knew the answer!

I have re-joined WW this week again, for about the twentieth time, so please any words of encouragement would be greatly received.

You may not think it but I am a really happy person, it is just this one aspect that gets me down.

Hope you don't mind me babbling on, but it has helped.

Wishing you all a great weight loss.

Lisaxx:o

Hi everyone,

My cruise is in 7 weeks and I started WW Jan 8th. I started at 236.8 and last Saturday I weighed in at 211.2 for a total loss of 25.6 pounds. I no longer fit in most of my old clothes and love buying new ones. My goal is to lose another 50 pounds and maybe 15 by my cruise date. Setting small goals has kept me on track and makes it easier to reach the small milestones instead of looking at the big picture. I set rewards for each 15 pounds that I lost (15-girls night out, 30- Massage, 45- manicure and pedicure ( I was hoping to reach this by cruise time), 60- new hair cut and color, 75-day at the spa) I went from not working out at all to now working out 4 days a week. I stick to my points but don't deprive myself. I still eat fast food almost once a week and save my flex points for the weekends so I can relax my eating a little bit.

I think working out and drinking water really are the key. A friend of mine joined WW probably 4 months before I did and I'm only 15 pounds from her weight loss. She doesn't work out at all. I think changing your eating habits can only do so much and after that you need to add activity.

I weigh in on Saturday and hope to be closer to my 30 pound reward as I could really use that massage now!

Hi Lisa, could you tell us about how much is in a "stone"? I can convert kilograms to pounds and vice versa, but am not really familiar with how much a stone is.

And thanks for the support for my dilemma. I don't eat my AP points so may try doing that and I don't eat my flex points as a rule. Some weeks I have gone into the flex points by a couple. Shelly, my leader has told me to eat more! What a joke, telling me to eat more! I try to eat the good things as you suggested, high fiber, veggies,fruit, dairy. I may be eating too many carbs but they are supposed to be "good" ones. I journal and next week Shelly wants to see this weeks worth to see if there is anything she can figure out. Today I walked for 1.25 miles, brisk, and did yoga/pilates class this morning. Tonight I will take to my stairs and do 5 up and downs. I have 14 steps in my stairs. I also have the WW "ready, set, go" DVD and just did a quick look at it. It looks pretty good if I can get my feet to go in the right way!

Hope all have a good evening and maybe I will see you online tonite! Anyone up to having our own chat room? Kristie

Hi Lisa, could you tell us about how much is in a "stone"? I can convert kilograms to pounds and vice versa, but am not really familiar with how much a stone is.

Hi,

There are 14lbs in a stone.

You sound like you have it "sussed". You are doing really, really well.

When I am in the right frame of mind I find WW quite easy and fulfilling, but that is the key, for me at least. You have to be in the right frame of mind.

I'm going to kick myself up the bum (fanny, for all you Americans) and give myself a good talking to tonight and hopefully tomorrow I can get right back on track.

Good night to you all (12.30am in the UK),

Lisax

Hi everyone, I would like to join your group, if you don't mind. I rejoined WW 2 wks ago. As of yesterday I am down 6.3 lbs. Only 48 to go! Back in 2000 I dropped 62 lbs and then I went on vacation and went nuts and was too embarrassed to go back, I have decided though after getting back from our cruise in July, even if I mess up some I will get right back into WW. Tomorrow I am turning 30 and I am doing something I never thought in a million years I would be doing at 30, turning 30 over weight. That was the motivation I needed and for our second cruise I want to look and feel a lot better than I did last year.

Congratulations to everyone on their losses and keep it up the great work everyone.

Well, I just got back from my second weigh in for the week and I lost .6 lbs. Yippie! I thought for sure I would gain since we had starbucks frappucino's monday. Let me tell ya, when you haven't had starbucks in over 3 months and then you have one, boy can you feel the caffine!! :eek: But, now I am back on track. Hope everyone has a good weightloss week.

It sounds like some of you are doing really well and some are struggling...

Kristie,I would take your leaders advice and start eating some of the AP's you are earning. If your body is'nt getting enough fuel for the amount of exercise you are doing it will go into "starvation" mode and hang on to every calorie it can.

I weigh in on Saturday,I do online only and hope to be down at least one pound. I only walk for exercise due to a back problem but walking is supposed to be the best thing for you:rolleyes:

Okay,off to bed. Hope everyone has a great night.

kitty

Weighed in this morning and I was down .2 which is discouraging me greatly,but I will not giWve up...here's to a new week and a better loss next Saturday.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying on track...

kitty

I weighed in yesterday and had a .8 gain. I honestly don't know how that happened?:confused: I think it may have something to do with the fact that I didn't get in all of my water. But, I'm hoping for a better loss this week. Wish me luck! And, I'll do the same for all of you. :D

Hey everyone, I joined WW 10 weeks ago, have lost 20.5 lbs. Had some good and bad weeks. I had Hyster surgery 4 weeks ago and have been sitting way to much, the dr says no excercise till this week ..cant wait. I get to go back to work and has much as I "hate that thought" its better then sitting at home eating and thinking about food!! I WI on Thursday's, this week... only .5 lost. My cruise is 01/06, I'm BIG girl so I have a total of 120 to lose, I hope to be down 60-70 lbs by cruise time! I wish everyone well and appreciate the great site!

No news is good news, right? Tonite is my WI and it may be brutal. Spent the weekend fishing and hiking around so that may help! Food wasn't too bad, didn't journal this week, or at least not all of the week! This week will be another tough one as we are off to Las Vegas on Friday for 5 days. My only hope is going to be walking all over Vegas and trying to stay at the salad bar end of the buffets! Have a pedometer so will bring it in. I will post my loss/gain later tonite when I get home. I told myself to watch what I eat and when the Vegas trip is done, try again! I usually don't yoyo much. Tomorrow I have yoga and pilates class. Going for a walk in a few minutes, just wanted to stop by and say HI. You are all doing great and I will have to pick your brains for more ideas! NExt thing to give up will be the salt.....Kristie

Hi Kitty and everyone,

Well I did the WI and was I surprised to see that I was UP .6? No. I have no idea what is going on anymore. It is like my body wants to hang on to everything! I am not going to worry about Vegas and when I get back will be ever so careful watching everything to see what can jog this body of mine into shedding a few pounds! It is very frustrating to read about people being in WW for 10 weeks and losing 20 pounds! Whine! Thanks, I needed that! Well everyone keep up the good work! Hang in there! Kristie :o

Kristie,don't worry about what other people are losing and how fast. Everyone is different and sometimes it takes our bodies time to adjust to all the changes. I have lost about 12 pounds in 13 weeks and I am okay with the rate of 1 pound per week,that adds up to 52 a year and a great overall loss....Have fun in Vegas and just be mindful of what you are eating and you should do fine..

kitty

Archived