Need a little help predicting teen count

Booked for Vision OTS June 11. Being early in the summer, and a very costly destination for families, how many other teens do you think will be onboard. I'm starting to get scared at this point as usually I see more families booked on the roll call than I do now.

Booked for Vision OTS June 11. Being early in the summer, and a very costly destination for families, how many other teens do you think will be onboard. I'm starting to get scared at this point as usually I see more families booked on the roll call than I do now.

Early June - children will still be in school. Scottish and Irish schools break up earlier than UK schools but I would doubt there will be many teens on board.

Norwegian schools also break up in mid June. There may be a few rugrats but not really child/baby friendly itineraries.

It really does depend on what age teen group (young teens or late teens) and how early in June. Many older teens from England will still have exams in early June. As pointed out Scottish schools break up earlier. There may be some teens of different nationalities onboard but this itinerary doesn't stike me as being one which would appeal to teens as much as the Med routes.

However, if it's any consolation I have teen boys and the best time they had on a cruise was on a Vision class ship when there were only around a dozen teens onboard. Because the numbers were so low they all got to know each other and hung out together and had a great time.

Any idea what the (young) teen count will be on the June 18th LOS W. Med. Sailing? And percentages of European and American?

Interesting questions.

Does anyone have an idea what the percentages of hazel eyed left-handers, people who have visited both Pocatello and Peoria, and men who wear size 44 short sport coats will be on the 7/10 Allure sailing? :D

We've never had a problem with my teens finding other teens - even on our recent Allure cruise where we travelled a week most US teens would not be able to and it was true there were very few US teens in the sailing but they all made tons of friends with the Canadian, Australian, Brazilian and other countries teens on board.

How many Europeans compared to Americans should I expect? Didn't mean to draw the crystal ball flamers, just wondering if I should expect ANY other teens because I am not sure what time European schools get out, if they will make up a majority of the ships pax.

Interesting questions.

Does anyone have an idea what the percentages of hazel eyed left-handers, people who have visited both Pocatello and Peoria, and men who wear size 44 short sport coats will be on the 7/10 Allure sailing? :D

LMAO :p

Qoute:

"How many Europeans compared to Americans should I expect? Didn't mean to draw the crystal ball flamers, just wondering if I should expect ANY other teens because I am not sure what time European schools get out, if they will make up a majority of the ships pax."

There is no way to know 'how many" There are so many factors involved ... "ANY other teens" Statistically speaking, I would be very surprised if there weren't any (!) but you are asking for information that is impossible to predict.

You're probably right, but there are just so many folks on these boards who seem to have (real) answers to all kinds of questions, I just thought I'd ask my silly questions. I hope to one day be one of those experienced cruisers who can help out the less-experienced like myself :).

You're probably right, but there are just so many folks on these boards who seem to have (real) answers to all kinds of questions, I just thought I'd ask my silly questions. I hope to one day be one of those experienced cruisers who can help out the less-experienced like myself :).

Come on now. I hope I didn't hurt your feelings :o ... this has nothing to do with experienced cruiser vs. non - experienced.

You have to understand that your question was kind of like asking a weather man (someone experienced) if it is going to be a hot or mild Summer.

... and I truly hope you continue to ask questions! If you need to know about tipping or MTD or the cruise director or anything like that, there are plenty of people who would LOVE to answer your questions!! :)

no hurt feelings, of course, but i think it was a fair question that a couple of us had . . . . Will there be many European families who are off for summer vacation as of mid-June? Or do their schools not get out until the end of June? Does anyone out there know that? Thx.

no hurt feelings, of course, but i think it was a fair question that a couple of us had . . . . Will there be many European families who are off for summer vacation as of mid-June? Or do their schools not get out until the end of June? Does anyone out there know that? Thx.

Does it really matter where the other guests are from? Your continued interest suggests you don't want Europeans on your cruise.

In fact, it's better to be able to meet & greet people from other places. On our Alaskan cruise, at our table were the 6 of us from Michigan and the other four were from 2 foreign places: Australia and Pittsburgh. :p

It's funny how you continue to jump to conclusions. I was actually curious about when kids in Europe generally get out for the summer because we would like to have a few more teens (whether from europe or elsewhere) on the ship...only to provide more potential friends for our own teens...one of whom will be on this cruise following a study abroad program in a European country in fact! Probably would not have signed up for that program if we had an issue with Europeans.... Please, let's give each other the benefit of the doubt.

I will rephrase my question. Maybe this will work better for some of you.

If any of you have been on a Northern European Itin. around this time of year, how many Americans vs. Europeans were there, and how many teens did you notice?

This allows all who don't fall in this catagory the freedom to leave this thread, so people with experience on this very itin can help.

On our Alaskan cruise, at our table were the 6 of us from Michigan and the other four were from 2 foreign places: Australia and Pittsburgh. :p
LMAO Someone else on my warped wavelength !!! :)

No its no flaming, its just my admission that Im no good at predicting the future !!! Boy if I could do that I could stop boats/ships sinking before it happened !!!

Archived