splendour or Equinox

rcha

HI have no experience of either RCI or Celebrity but am looking to book a cruise with one of them for October 2012.

We want to choose our own meal times and I understand that I can do that on both ships. Itineraries are equally attractive though the equinox is a longer voyage. Possibility of a JS aft facing on Splendour or a aft facing SV balcony on Equinox.

Are the cabins on the Splendour bigger?

Any advice from the experienced people out there?

Thanks

HI have no experience of either RCI or Celebrity but am looking to book a cruise with one of them for October 2012.

We want to choose our own meal times and I understand that I can do that on both ships. Itineraries are equally attractive though the equinox is a longer voyage. Possibility of a JS aft facing on Splendour or a aft facing SV balcony on Equinox.

Are the cabins on the Splendour bigger?

Any advice from the experienced people out there?

Thanks

Hi,

We did the Equinox itinerary last June, and LOVED it !! A couple of things...The Equinox is a much newer, and larger ship, so those are factors. Also, we love the longer trips...a week seems almost too short...especially if you are doing the Med.

We had CC Cabins 2152 and 2157, and we fell in love with stern cabins. We especially liked those because of the overhang, and therefore less direct, hot sun. However, a bit of a tradeoff was table/chair noise from the outside eating area from the deck above. Although I never really heard it, it was a bit of a factor with the light sleepers in our group, especially when they were moving/cleaning the tables EARLY in the morn.

Depending on your preferences...a Sky suite on the Equinox stern would be a GREAT choice!

Let me know if I can help further.

Happy sailing

Woody

There's a huge difference in the lines. Celebrity is a much more elegant, low key line with better food and service. Royal Caribbean is more party type with a lot more party activities and lots more in the way of constant announcements. If you want more of a party atmosphere, choose RCI. If you want elegance, go with Celebrity.

Having sailed both lines in the Med as well as the Caribbean I find them to be much more similiar than different. Having said that, I would choose Equinox. As others have said it's a much newer and larger ship. But I wouldn't hesitate to sail Splendour again with the right itinerary.

Archived