Do CC employees read this forum?

Mesmeralda

Do the employees of the CC ships read this forum? If so how can we use it to their advantage?

Yes, they do. In fact, the upper level management is provided a synopsis each day of the goings on here...

:)

Supposedly two employees spend their day reading all of our posts.

I would like to volunteer for this job, lol... Is it work from home? ;)

Can you imagine? "What do you do for a living?" Oh, I read CruiseCritic alllll day! hahaha

They get paid to read this ship :eek: .

Where do i sign up :D

Either with their marketing department or forensics... depending on the reasons they monitor these forums and other social media. Most large companies do have dedicated people to read what people are posting and also to make sure that no company information is being leaked by employees. Any publicly traded company is held accountable by the government for the things that it's employees may say or post. They also watch for disgruntled ex-employees.

Either with their marketing department or forensics... depending on the reasons they monitor these forums and other social media. Most large companies do have dedicated people to read what people are posting and also to make sure that no company information is being leaked by employees. Any publicly traded company is held accountable by the government for the things that it's employees may say or post. They also watch for disgruntled ex-employees.

Yes, my post was in humor ;)

What does "CC" stand for?

In this thread Carnival Cruiseline, but CC on this forum stands for Cruise Critic and CCL is Carnival Cruise Line.

So if CCL actually has people read this forum daily, how come the CCL website still is so user unfriendly? Have they not read the gazillion complaints about it?

Yes, my post was in humor ;)

I realize your post was in humor... but many others don't realize that this really is a job in large companies. They also don't understand why they do this. They are always shocked to find out what their employer finds out. I work in IT and people don't even realize we can access their network shares and even their computer hard drives on demand (without their permission) and trace their internet usage when on company resources. People can be pretty naive. :)

they may not read the message boards directly. There are a lot of online tools out there that allow companies to view what people are saying about them, for example socialmention com. The tool sends out spiders to crawl the web and aggregate posts from blogs, forums, facebook, twitter etc. Depending on the company it may be a daily or an annual report. A large company like carnival probably has someone in their marketing department that specializes in social media monitoring and prioritizes complaints and issues accordingly. It's not really that fun :P

In this thread Carnival Cruiseline, but CC on this forum stands for Cruise Critic and CCL is Carnival Cruise Line.

So if CCL actually has people read this forum daily, how come the CCL website still is so user unfriendly? Have they not read the gazillion complaints about it?

Or unveil the nearly 3 yrs behind schedule loyalty enhancements?

Do the employees of the CC ships read this forum? If so how can we use it to their advantage?

Carnival has several people on staff that read all the major cruise sites every day....

Can we use it to our advantage...Funny...

Carn-evil hired them to use this site and others to their advantage.....;)

I realize your post was in humor... but many others don't realize that this really is a job in large companies. They also don't understand why they do this. They are always shocked to find out what their employer finds out. I work in IT and people don't even realize we can access their network shares and even their computer hard drives on demand (without their permission) and trace their internet usage when on company resources. People can be pretty naive. :)

Short story, had a friend that was head of department in a nursing facility.

Took a sick day and decided to post it on face book that she was playing hooky.

She still works there but she is no longer the head of anything.;)

People just cant realize that posting on messages boards is like shouting in time squire.

Carnival has several people on staff that read all the major cruise sites every day....

Can we use it to our advantage...Funny...

Carn-evil hired them to use this site and others to their advantage.....;)

It has been to our advantage, Jessie... a couple examples... the Sail & Sign card redesign. No one was happy with the rather unimpressive and only barely colored cards they floated. The thread here discussing it was MASSIVE! I got contacted by a few folks from Miami about it. Eventually, they actually adopted a design by one of the posters on that thread.

Number two... the entire extension cord, electric fan, hair dryer fiasco... It was another huge thread here that made Carnival note the extreme dissatisfaction with their move. I sent along a consensus of opinion, was asked for and I offered some suggestions. In the end, Carnival listened to Cruise Critic folks and revised the policy to one that I'm sure everyone can live with...

:)

Have you seen CCL new deck plans? Too small to see the cabin numbers. It's horrible. I emailed a complaint. The old deck plans were fine, why change?

Very few staff I've talked to on board ever heard of Cruise Critic.

at least one is a mole that reports "stuff" to john heald.

i wonder if they are allowed to post?

Tell me about it. I hesitate to become involved in heated discussions anymore because I have been "reported" numerous times this year.

Archived