Do CC employees read this forum?

Mesmeralda

It has been to our advantage, Jessie... a couple examples... the Sail & Sign card redesign. No one was happy with the rather unimpressive and only barely colored cards they floated. The thread here discussing it was MASSIVE! I got contacted by a few folks from Miami about it. Eventually, they actually adopted a design by one of the posters on that thread.

Number two... the entire extension cord, electric fan, hair dryer fiasco... It was another huge thread here that made Carnival note the extreme dissatisfaction with their move. I sent along a consensus of opinion, was asked for and I offered some suggestions. In the end, Carnival listened to Cruise Critic folks and revised the policy to one that I'm sure everyone can live with...

:)

Wonder if we could get them to do something about the liquor purchased in ports of call fiasco.

at least one is a mole that reports "stuff" to john heald.

i wonder if they are allowed to post?

There are a few people who seem to have figured out John's email address and have sent him links to items here, generally out of context.

Wonder if we could get them to do something about the liquor purchased in ports of call fiasco.

John has asked about this issue on his face splat page and the response was overwhelmingly negative... about 85% if I recall correctly.

Carnival is aware of the discontent over this one but is standing firm for whatever reason...

John has asked about this issue on his face splat page and the response was overwhelmingly negative... about 85% if I recall correctly.

Carnival is aware of the discontent over this one but is standing firm for whatever reason...

It seems to me a happy medium could be reached. If Carnival is saying it is too taxing on the staff to deliver the night before and passengers are saying it is too troublesome to pick up in the morning; why not allow the passengers to begin picking up the purchases the night before say after 7 or 8 pm as well as the morning of debarkment? This way, many will be able to safely pack their liquor in their luggage instead of having to do so during/after the chaos of debarkment.

Up to now we purchase all of liquor on the ship for convenience but in some ports such as Cozumel we have been tempted to purchase it at the port.

Not worth the hassle to pick up morning of disembarkment.

Have heard though they will deliver platinum guests purchases which is nice for us but rather unfair to other passengers.

Not to take this topic out of context but the reason I asked if CC employee read this forum is to see if they look for arriving individuals or groups that might be generous ($$$$) during their vacation?

Not to take this topic out of context but the reason I asked if CC employee read this forum is to see if they look for arriving individuals or groups that might be generous ($$$$) during their vacation?

No. They provide wonderful service to all passengers.

Bribes are not required.

Most companies today use social media to enhance their marketing efforts, customer feedback mechanism, and to some point drive strategy. However its used to enhance and is not taken as gospel.

The gospel is the bottom line over a period of time.

Years ago I had the pleasure of working with a major e fishing on line retailer. Our buyer spent time perusing various different forums looking for trends , we also saw a lot of negative feedback.

But the negative feedback did not equate to dollars, or booked revenue . Over time we did not dwell on the feedback mechanism to much , we did use it to pump up revenue though.

Starting threads like .. “ has anyone used the new so and so from shimano” ?? things like that.

Very few staff I've talked to on board ever heard of Cruise Critic.

That's true. I found that on CCL, many staff claim to have never heard of CC.....I find that extremely odd because on other lines they are well aware of these boards.

CCL crew denying knowing anything about CC are not being honest imo...

CCL just isn't fond of cruise critic.

We found the opposite on Royal and NCL.

Even most of the tour guides know about CC and urge people to go back and write good reviews after their excursions.

Peoples response to the picking up booze the next day is the oposite of what it should be. Carnival put this policy in place to sell more of THEIR booze as people realize the hassel. If everyone STOPPED buying it on the ship and only bought it in port, along with dragging their feet getting out of their rooms. Just say I can't vacate my room until after I get my booze to pack. (I know just carry-on ) Take longer to get OFF the ship. When It becomes a PROBLEM for them to get the ship turned around for the next group of guests then and only then will they start delivering the night before again.

Supposedly two employees spend their day reading all of our posts.

:eek::eek: May I extend my sincerest apologies to those two employees and offer my sincerest hope that they are well paid as a result. :p:D

On another board I posted a complimentary story about an experience I had with a company. A few days later I got a phone call from someone at the company who had used the information online plus the information they had on file for me to track me down. He just wanted to say thanks and to ask if I would want to be interviewed by their PR department. I said yes, but it was slightly creepy to realize that I wasn't as anonymous as I thought.

Just saying -- if you post enough information, they can find out who you are!

You know maybe it's just me or is it? :confused: I've tried to contact my PVP a couple of times and for some information and he doesn't return my call. Is it because I'm paid in full and not important anymore? :confused:

They get paid to read this ship :eek: .

Where do i sign up :D

I would have to get paid to read this all day.

This website brings back memories of the old

14.4 modem. Click on something then go do

something else while the page loads up.:rolleyes:

I don't experience this on 99% of other websites.

Archived