Bio bay excursion, bf sailing

DolphinSmile

Hello

We are planning a few days in SJ before we go on our first cruise. I just got the shipmate app and saw a bio bay excursion and was wondering if anyone else had done one that they can recommend. I have shoulder problems so kayaking may not be an option, but on the shipmate app it mentioned swimming in the bay!

Anyone done this or can recommend where I should look into this further

Our cruise is not till September and already counting down the days

Andrea

Hello

We are planning a few days in SJ before we go on our first cruise. I just got the shipmate app and saw a bio bay excursion and was wondering if anyone else had done one that they can recommend. I have shoulder problems so kayaking may not be an option, but on the shipmate app it mentioned swimming in the bay!

Anyone done this or can recommend where I should look into this further

Our cruise is not till September and already counting down the days

Andrea

\Andrea'

Are you looking a The Bioluminescent Bay tour on the Island of Vieques? If so your best bet is going thru East Wind tours for they have a tour leaving Fajardo at 5pm and returning around 10:30 pm which inc. boat trans to from the Island , dinner and ground trans to/from the bay. On this tour swimming is allowed. Be sure to check on the schedule of tours for they do not make the tour five days before and after the full moon phase.

There is another Bio. bay over by Fajardo it't is not as good as the one at Vieques Island and this one does not allow swimming

Paul

Thanks Paul

After i posted I looked further down and saw more posts. I did look into the east island tours which is the same as east island tours. I have emailed them and they responded with in a few hours. They only go during certain times of the month based upon the moon cycle, which makes sense! I am fortunate enough that the day we want to do it is going to be a good night :D

I have seen one CC comment that they had problems with their transportation and it is twice what renting a car would cost. Any suggestions for getting there as we are staying in old San juan.

Thanks Paul

After i posted I looked further down and saw more posts. I did look into the east island tours which is the same as east island tours. I have emailed them and they responded with in a few hours. They only go during certain times of the month based upon the moon cycle, which makes sense! I am fortunate enough that the day we want to do it is going to be a good night :D

I have seen one CC comment that they had problems with their transportation and it is twice what renting a car would cost. Any suggestions for getting there as we are staying in old San juan.

Been looking on the cost of trans also This was the only info I did not receive from them. Was told to get back with them in Aug. Even check of flights Total of 192.00 p/p round trip. best ground so far is 82.00 p/p and ferry cost. NO FUN.

We will be going on this tour in Jan. a post cruise tour. Will be our third try !st. time did not check the moon Was a full moon.The 2nd time A storm hit. So no go, So this time plan to have a back up day just to increase our chances

Paul

259 days to go for cruise

Been looking on the cost of trans also This was the only info I did not receive from them. Was told to get back with them in Aug. Even check of flights Total of 192.00 p/p round trip. best ground so far is 82.00 p/p and ferry cost. NO FUN.

We will be going on this tour in Jan. a post cruise tour. Will be our third try !st. time did not check the moon Was a full moon.The 2nd time A storm hit. So no go, So this time plan to have a back up day just to increase our chances

Paul

259 days to go for cruise

LIke you, our first 2 times didn't pan out. First time--had to cancel cruise last minute. 2nd time--got to Vieques but couldn't dock due to rough seas. 3rd time--6 of us took a taxi to Fajardo, ferry to Vieques, 2 nights on Vieques, flew back to San Juan. Just an awesome trip--we did the full day excursion with Abe's, and had a blast!

Archived