I'm gonna cheat on SeaDream just once in 2012...

knotheadusc

I wish we had some interesting cruises departing from SoCal, but the only cruises that do go to the place where your head can end up in a bag o' heads dropped in front of a school :eek: Despite it's ugliness, I've grown attached to my head....

Scary but true.:eek: Hey, Cunard does LA to Hawaii R/T. Y'all have probably been to Hawaii a hundred times. Me, only once. Stayed on board a gray ship in a resort called Pearl Harbor.:eek:

We have the same dog issues too, Ragnar. Sorry to say, we are cheating on SD too. Cunards Queen Victoria 1/19/12. Really wanted to do SD but the flights are not near as timely as last year and the prices are ridiculous from Podunk International.:eek: When you add it all up, way too much trouble and $$ to do the same islands over again, no matter how much we like them. Like Disney Jen, we stay on board at most islands anyway. Come on SD, just one measly voyage a year out of a Florida port.:D

Will you be reporting on the QV experience? I'd love to hear what you think about her.

Yes, I will. I am almost as bad as Disney Jen.:eek: Not even close to Frequent Traveler, though.:D:D

Are you insinuating that you do not enjoy FTs frequent posts? I am sure that I can get her to leave the laptop (or iPad) at home on our Christmas voyage. NOT!:D

Are you insinuating that you do not enjoy FTs frequent posts? I am sure that I can get her to leave the laptop (or iPad) at home on our Christmas voyage. NOT!:D

Not at all! I love them. And with your pix, you two should work for a travel mag. A team. Sort of like Burns & Allen, Lucy & Ricky.:eek::D

• 2 months later...
Will you be reporting on the QV experience? I'd love to hear what you think about her.

For those who have asked, I will be posting on our impending Queen Victoria 11 day Panama Canal cruise over on the Cunard boards starting early next week. We embark Thursday the 19th in Ft. Lauderdale. We have 8 hours Free internet (listening, SeaDream?) as valued past passengers and some other freebies like 20% off on laundry/dry cleaning. :D Will not be doing a comparison as such as the experiences are totally different. Both nice, just different. See you there.

J.

For those who have asked, here is a link to my review posted on the Cunard board for our Queen Victoria cruise starting tomorrow!!! Thanks for all the good wishes from our SeaDream friends.:D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1551632

Very proud of your computer prowess Jim!!

Will be following along!!

Fair winds and following seas my friend:p

• 1 month later...

Now that I have a new SeaDream cruise booked, I find myself not caring as much about the cheating I'm going to be doing in November! I was so excited about Scotland, but now I'm even more excited about Italy and Greece! :D

The only thing bringing me down to earth is the prospect of having to pay for everything!

• 1 month later...

Cheat'n about to begin, sitting in the BA lounge waiting for our flight to Athens (via LHR). Hmmm, a beer, some wine, or a martini? Or maybe all three :D

Will link to a report when we return. I think the schedule is too full for a daily blog (to the great relief of some on CC...).

Need to download "Your cheat'n heart" :o

Cheat'n about to begin, sitting in the BA lounge waiting for our flight to Athens (via LHR). Hmmm, a beer, some wine, or a martini? Or maybe all three :D

Will link to a report when we return. I think the schedule is too full for a daily blog (to the great relief of some on CC...).

Need to download "Your cheat'n heart" :o

I can show you where Hank is buried.:eek::D

hi. a little nervous. my first ever post in any forum. my first ever booking with seadream. san juan/st maarten nov 11 2012 chosen because im a little agoraphobic and because ive never cruised to marigot, but i did live there in the 70's and 80's, and visit about once a year. any assurances about this cruise?

p.s. a relation of e.e. cummings :)

hi. a little nervous. my first ever post in any forum. my first ever booking with seadream. san juan/st maarten nov 11 2012 chosen because im a little agoraphobic and because ive never cruised to marigot, but i did live there in the 70's and 80's, and visit about once a year. any assurances about this cruise?

Welcome! I can definitely see the resemblance to e.e. cummings!

If you like being pampered, you will love SeaDream. It's a small vessel and very easy to feel at home there. I was on SeaDream I the same week in 2011, celebrating a wedding anniversary with my husband. We were treated like royalty!

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time!

The only warning I can give you is that you will want to book a second one and then a third. This is an excellent ship and the service is outstanding... Enjoy.

We just booked our third cruise on Sea Dream in about 18 months. We: did one in the BVI's last spring, did the West Bound Crossing in the Fall of 2011, and just booked the West Bound Crossing for this upcoming October.

We are on board for 2 weeks B2B this summer Venice to Athens, and then will be boarding when you disembark in St. Martin. I suspect that we will book again while we are in the Med for spring break time next year.

Please make sure that you leave plenty of champagne and lemoncillo at the TOY when you leave.:)

(BTW TOY is the Top of the Yacht bar.)

Archived