Navigator of the Seas aft cabins 7388 or 7382!!

jstpshe

I've never gotten seasick either until the last night of the cruise we were just on. We had gone up to eat at the "exclusive" dinner restaurant and it was practically in the FUNNEL it was so high. I was fine for about 15 minutes and then I could see the floor start to swirl. I was really bummed because we paid for BUT MISSED eating our meal!! I had to get to a lower deck. As soon as I did, I was fine.

Now that was the highest deck on the ship we were on, but the Mariner has a couple of decks above Deck 10 so maybe it's all relative......I really want to be brave and try deck 10!!!

ciship, did your seasick adventure happen on Pride? I have to tell you that Pride and her Sister ship Legend have been the roughest rides I've ever had on any ship! There were seasick people on both ships. I never got seasick but I felt more movement on those two ships than I've ever felt on any ship! I think the Spirit-class ships (which includes Carnival Pride and Carnival Legend) must just be built different and somehow they move more in the water! You will be fine on a Voyager-class ship on deck 10!

Yes, Bonnie Voyager I was on the PRIDE....but she was smooth as silk all week until that last night. I had heard that the last night was rough because she is such a fast ship, but the rough ride didnt bother me anywhere else except on that TOP deck in the funnel.

I think I'm going to risk it and get an AFT anyway and try the Mariner.

Did you see the thread last night about the RCCL chat room? You have probably been there a dozen times before, but I visited for the first time last night. The chat room was all warning me about the aft cabins and motion sickness, but one "veteran" spoke up and said I should try it just once.....and I think I will.

I'll probably fall in love like you did!

I really appreciate all your answers.

Bonnie, I'm going to fork over the extra money for a room for my daughter. No way would any of us like the sleeping arrangements. You're right that would be for a child not her. Besides when would DH and me have any privacy, well my daughter too!

Someone brought up about the tender to Grand Caymans and it got me thinking about another question. I forget, where do we get off the ship each time when docked at a port? What floor and is it forward or aft?

Yell, TexasDH and Bonnie your right about burning calories by being in the aft cabins. I'll need to do that anyway with the way I eat on those cruises. I really don't know where I put it all expecially when I pick like a bird at home. I'm going to Curves and dieting now so the extra walk to elevators will be good exercise since one thing I don't do is take advantage of the Ship Shape Spa on board. I'll worry about weight again when I get home.

Of course we attend all the shows so I guess I'll have to really be booking it to get to everything since they're at the opposite end.

Well again thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to help me out.

I wish you well and have a great day!! CJ : :)

I previously asked this question about what floor and whether it was forward or aft that we get off the ship to go to the ports of call. Can anyone please tell me? If I'm aft cabin and I have to go forward then I need to be prepared to really be moving in the mornings at least on the days of my excursions. I have a very early excursion in Grand Caymans. Thanks! CJ :) :)

jstpshe, all the Voyager-class ships I've sailed on exited for port stops from the aft doors. I believe it was on deck 1 aft to be specific. We were sailing in cabin 1688 (deck 10 aft corner) and I do not recall ever feeling like it was hard to get off the ship at the different ports.

I looked at your pictures but couldn't quite see what 9390 balcony looked like. Hope it's nice, just booked it on the Mariner for April/06:D . I see the big port window in the cabin, does this have a regular type door to exit instead of a sliding door? We also booked 9383 M class in the hall way for the kids, I assume this will be like any other inside SR but thought I would ask in case anyone has stayed in it.

I tried for 7388 and 7688 but they would only book those for quad occupancy right now. Said it might change later but couldn't guarantee it. 1388 and 1688 are already gone for this sailing and it's almost a year away.

I looked at your pictures but couldn't quite see what 9390 balcony looked like. Hope it's nice, just booked it on the Mariner for April/06:D . I see the big port window in the cabin, does this have a regular type door to exit instead of a sliding door? We also booked 9383 M class in the hall way for the kids, I assume this will be like any other inside SR but thought I would ask in case anyone has stayed in it.

I tried for 7388 and 7688 but they would only book those for quad occupancy right now. Said it might change later but couldn't guarantee it. 1388 and 1688 are already gone for this sailing and it's almost a year away.

WOW....what is the date of your cruise? Those AFT cabins sure go fast!!

Did you book with RCI direct or through a TA?

I usally book my aft cabins about 2 years in advance!

How do you do that Bonnie when RCI won't allow us to book that far ahead??? I have called until they are sick of hearing from me and they said they won't be booking July 2006 for another couple of months.

PLEASE, tell me how to book two years in advance! I want to get my AFT cabin!!

ciship, we'll be cruising 4/2/06. I couldn't believe that they were almost booked up already. I was wondering if there's a way to be on a wait list for 7388/7688 if by chance they change them to double occupancy. If anybody has any clues on that let me know.

By the way, we just got back from our first cruise on the Jewel. Guess we're hooked.

Spdfrk, I have read where other posters have asked to be put on waiting lists for certain cabins. You might want to call RCI and let them make note of it.

BONNIE, BONNIE, where rrrrrrrrrrrrrr you???????????? I want to know how to book two years in advance!!!

You can only book 2 years in advance if the bookings for your cruise date are actually open that far out. I booked my Freedom cruise for April 2007 back in March. I got my favorite corner/aft cabin on deck 10, but the other corner was already gone! I was just lucky though that the current open bookings on Freedom extend all the way till the end of April 2007! If I had wanted to book for the first week in May of 2007, I would have had to wait another year or more to book it! I usually sail Easter week and most of the time when they open a new booking period, it extends about 18 months which is usually until about mid April of a year 1/2 after the current year. Does that make any sense? I booked my April 2006 cruise while onboard my April 2004 cruise. Again, the bookings were only open at that time through mid April of 2006, but they did include Easter week! So, I guess the point I'm making is, you have to first be lucky and second be diligent! Just keep checking till you see that your date is available and when you see it......BOOK IT!

Don't give up ciship! You may even try calling RCCL every now and then. Usually, prior to the new booking dates opening up, the new itineraries and dates show up on the Agent's computers, but are not yet "opened" for booking and don't show up on the "public" booking sites that the general population sees online. RCCL would be able to tell you that your cruise is listed, but just not available to book yet.....BUT, if it's on RCCL's computer, you can safely say it will be released in the near future. It certainly shouldn't be too much longer now before they open up those Summer 2006 dates! Just keep checking! I can tell you that Enchantment's itineraries and dates for Summer 2006 are already listed in the database, but are not open for booking yet. Hopefully the other ships will show up soon!

Bonnie: I have 7388 booked on the Mariner of the Seas next April. I have found pics of that cabin on the Voyager. Are the two ships close enough in design that I can expect that is what our cabin and balcony will look like? You seem to be "the source" on aft cabins, and this will be our first aft. I guess I am just looking for confirmation that I made a good choice! Thanks!

Gail

Is 7388/7688 a quad or a triple? I thought it was a triple and had settled myself on 1388/1688 since we need a quad. But now I am not sure.

Maggie

Archived