Cabo advice needed

Ashera0

We are sailing the Splendor on 8-28 with our two boys (ages 5 and 1.5). For Cabo, we just wanted to disembark early and head to a nice beach for 2-3 hours and back to the boat for lunch or right after lunch. How best to do this? Is there a nice beach in walking distance? We aren't taking car seats so no taxi ride possible...Please please advise....and thank you!:)

Early tendering on the first day is going to be hard, most people book thier shore excursions on the first day.

When we went in April, we woke up, ate breakfast, hung out till about noon, then went to the tender station. They were just finishing up using the tender stickers, so we got on right away.

As for walking to a beach, we didn't want to walk that far. They do have water taxis, which are quite fun, and can take you to Lovers Beach. This is the beach most people on our ship went to.

Hi Water Taxis are great and your 5 year old will love it. Just be aware that you have to jump out of the water taxi into a couple of feet of water. The Drivers will help you.

I would strongly suggest putting anything that could get damaged if it falls into the water in a plastic ziplock, ie. camera, phone, etc....

I have seen numerous people take a splash getting out of the boat. It can be done. Have one parent hand the other the child, get the older one on the beach, come back for the little one and the last parent has the bag.

Have fun!

My husband and I were just there last week and stayed at an AI. We did the water taxi out to the rocks/beach and it was amazing! The OP's are right about getting in and out of the taxis. They will try to get as close as possible, but sometimes you will have to jump off into the water. One piece of advice our driver gave was to get out when the water recedes, not when it is coming in.

There are no facilities over at Lovers Beach, and I would take a few bottles of water. Your kids will love it! We saw sea lions and all sorts of things:)

Archived