Which one has the least rocky beach: Paradise, Mr Sanchos, or San Francisco?

bsbcgirl

I thought I was all decided on Paradise Beach, but many of you folks are commenting about how rocky the entrance into the water is. Is either Mr Sanchos or SanFrancisco a better choice? Thanks

I thought I was all decided on Paradise Beach, but many of you folks are commenting about how rocky the entrance into the water is. Is either Mr Sanchos or SanFrancisco a better choice? Thanks

We've found the least rocky entrance to the water at Mr. Sanchos, but that can change with a storm bringing in large pieces of coral or large conch shells or washing out the sand. Also found it OK at Playa Palancar. The worst at a beach club for us was at Ocean Resort - had to move down to Carlos n Charlies to get in the water. Heading to Mr. Sanchos again in 2 weeks and will let you know.

Paradise Beach has a rocky part on the left side, close to their pier (be careful swimming there as many boats dock there). Their management and staff left and are now taking care of the Ocean Beach and I was confirmed that all rocks had been cleaned completely, so we give this beach a chance!

• 2 weeks later...
Paradise Beach has a rocky part on the left side, close to their pier (be careful swimming there as many boats dock there). Their management and staff left and are now taking care of the Ocean Beach and I was confirmed that all rocks had been cleaned completely, so we give this beach a chance!

That is not completely accurate.

Tom (customer liason that everyone knew ) left to start his own company. Cozumel Bar Hop

Some cooks and wait staff left and went to Ocean Beach....

Hurricane Wilma really did a number on their beaches.

Mr Sanchos lost 50 ft of their beachline. And it sucked the sand away from the rocks at the waterline. But once you get in the water, you should be fine.

Paradise Beach has a soft entry on the RIGHT side of their beach and once you get in the water, you will be fine.

Since San Francisco beach literally touches Paradise...I would assume that their LEFT side is less rocky IF they have a soft entry...but I have not been there since Hurricane Wilma. They may be like Mr Sanchos with no soft entry.

I always wear water shoes....

That is not completely accurate.

Tom (customer liason that everyone knew ) left to start his own company. Cozumel Bar Hop

Some cooks and wait staff left and went to Ocean Beach....

I stand corrected....

I have learned that Beto and Fernando (both managers from Day 1 at Paradise Beach) have both gone to Ocean .... and while most people did not know them (most folks know Tom) ...they were managers at Paradise Beach.

I knew the cooks, bartenders and wait staff had gone to Ocean...so now it looks like the managers have indeed done the same thing.

If someone goes to Ocean, tell Eli and Freddy that Tom's friends said HI!!

Hurricane Wilma really did a number on their beaches.

Mr Sanchos lost 50 ft of their beachline. And it sucked the sand away from the rocks at the waterline. But once you get in the water, you should be fine.

Paradise Beach has a soft entry on the RIGHT side of their beach and once you get in the water, you will be fine.

Since San Francisco beach literally touches Paradise...I would assume that their LEFT side is less rocky IF they have a soft entry...but I have not been there since Hurricane Wilma. They may be like Mr Sanchos with no soft entry.

I always wear water shoes....

You must have been at Mr. Sanchos a long time ago. We were at Ocean/Paradise in January and Nachi the previous August. We spent the day at Mr. Sanchos on May 26 and their beach was wider than any of the other beach clubs and entry into the water was over soft sand. We've been to Nachi, Paradise and Ocean Resort and our best beach day was last week at Mr. Sanchos. Great food and service all day, great beach and the kayaking and snorkeling was included in the AI price. There was no need for water shoes at Mr. Sanchos. We've been going to Cozumel for 30 years (often fly down) and we have watched the beaches get torn up hurricane after hurricane. Mr. Sanchos was more reminiscent of how it used to be before some of the big storms.

In January, in the portion in front of the lounge chairs, it was a nice, sandy entrance at Paradise Beach.

Yes, Paradise Beach has (what I call) a Soft entry at the Northern part of their resort.

You must have been at Mr. Sanchos a long time ago. We were at Ocean/Paradise in January and Nachi the previous August. We spent the day at Mr. Sanchos on May 26 and their beach was wider than any of the other beach clubs and entry into the water was over soft sand. We've been to Nachi, Paradise and Ocean Resort and our best beach day was last week at Mr. Sanchos. Great food and service all day, great beach and the kayaking and snorkeling was included in the AI price. There was no need for water shoes at Mr. Sanchos. We've been going to Cozumel for 30 years (often fly down) and we have watched the beaches get torn up hurricane after hurricane. Mr. Sanchos was more reminiscent of how it used to be before some of the big storms.

Glad to hear it....they must have added the sand when they added the new pool. We used to go there all the time before Paradise Beach opened up.

Made the switch because Paradise Beach had more toys for the money and our boys loved them.

• 1 month later...

Archived