Carnival splendor forward cabins deck 7???

Ashera0

We are sailing on the Mexican riviera cruise on August 28. I booked 7225 and 7231. These are on the Empress deck 7 FORWARD. They are about 7 or so cabins from the very front. I didn't think about this at the time, but will this be too bumpy? Traveling with two little ones. If anyone has had cabins on or around deck 7 forward PLEASE chime in. Waters shouldn't be too wild in late August, but...(ps. Tried to change reservation but nothing comparable is available).

I had an inside on deck 9 on the Splendor, 9244, a little farther back than your cabins but 2 decks higher and had no problem with movement except when I was in the shower, then I would feel movement but never any other time~ this was in March 2010~

We were on the maiden voyage of the Splendor in 2010. in the Med.We had adjoining rooms with friends.on deck 7 aft.Really was fun partying in the pm.The Splendor is so large that we did not feel the movement even when it was a little rough.Those stabilizers do work to keep it on a even keel.It's a great ship even with all the pink.Have a great cruise.

Would love to hear from more Splendor cruisers that were pretty forward on deck seven! Was it bumpy?

From my experience (2 Mexican Riviera Cruises, RCCL), Southbound sailing is quite smooth. However, Northbound sailing will not be as smooth.

Apparently ocean currents are moving in a southernly direction along Baja California. Thus a bit rougher sailing north.

Hope this helps. :)

Haven't cruised the Splendor yet (going in October and will have cabins in almost the exact location you have). But, we have cruised other ships and been in the very front of the ship with really no problems. I do remember anchor noise on some days though.

We were on the maiden voyage of the Splendor in 2010. in the Med.We had adjoining rooms with friends.on deck 7 aft.Really was fun partying in the pm.The Splendor is so large that we did not feel the movement even when it was a little rough.Those stabilizers do work to keep it on a even keel.It's a great ship even with all the pink.Have a great cruise.

I don't think the maiden voyage of the Splendor was in 2010. 2008 I think?

So happy to hear that, we also have 3 Aft Cabins on Deck 7 with friends.

Thanks!

On the way back to Long Beach from Mexico, you will be "beating" - sailing directly INTO the current -- this will make the return trip bumpier, no question. So - the last "at sea" day/night we had, I was a bit uncomfortable -- granted, I was in a Spa cabin on Deck 10 which is also forward, but higher up, which certainly makes a difference.

You will probably be fine but I'd bring something for seasickness just to be prepared.

We were in rooms 7241 and 7245 a few weeks ago. They are located just a few door down from where will be staying. Like others have stated, it is smooth sailing south. During the last two days coming back North it will be a little rough, not too bad though.

We loved our room location and the motion up at that deck level wasn't too much for me (i get motion sickness easy). Deck 5 and 9 are the main decks for most ship ammenities so deck 7 is a great place to bed down (rooms above and below so the rooms stay quieter). You will be so far forward on the ship that the haalway traffic will be minimal also.

Archived