"LIVE" From the FREEDOM of the SEAS, 8-15 May 2011 (Eastern)

Hello Everyone,

Not quite "LIVE" yet! I am posting from my home in Palm Coast, FL. WE leave the house tomorrow morning at 8:45 am, drop the dogs off at Pet Paradise, and then drive down to Port Canaveral. We should be there by 10:00 am.

Lots of news here since my last live report from the ALLURE.

I have a new Girl Friend, Judith, (Weaver1 here on the Boards)

We met several months ago on "SeniorPeopleMeet.Com" and it has turned out that we are just about a 100% match in our interests. She loves the Agricultural Museum and my project to re-open the Old King's Road which was built by British Military Engineers in 1769 and really enjoys riding around in my Kawasaki T-Rex.

Here we are:

DSCN2082-1.jpg

DSCN2179.jpg

This will be her first cruise and she is really excited about it!

We both have "limited mobility skills" and will be taking walkers aboard. Once we are on the ship we will probably be able to get by with our canes but we will definitely need the walkers for trips ashore.

Other than spending time with Judith, I have been busy at the Ag Museum where I volunteer a lot! Here I am taking my friend Little Buddy for a morning walk. I try to do this every morning but I don't always succeed.

DSCN2217.jpg

And I have another new project at the Museum, a 1930's era bulldozer to rebuild. It has no electric starter, you use a hand crank. If you look close, you can see it hanging down on the front. This is going to be a fun project. It is a "cute" little thing!

DSCN2172-1.jpg

That's it for tonight folks.

I will check in briefly in the morning before we leave and start posting from the FREEDOM Sunday Afternoon or Evening.

YEA, here you are Trainman!!!!! Looking forward to your review on Freedom as I am going with my sister this summer. :D Now to go and read your post!! :rolleyes:

Okay, I'm back!! So glad you found Judith and she has found you. I hope and pray that she has an awesome first cruise.

I will be checking in at least once a day possibly twice to keep an eye on you! ; )

We were starting to think you forgot all about us who live vicariously through your cruises while awaiting our own ;)

I didn't realize this was Judith's 1st cruise... the one picture you HAVE to post tomorrow is the look on her face when she steps foot on the ship - love the look of :eek: in a newbie's face!

Yeah, Jim! So happy for you. I know Carol is happy for you. Have a great cruise. Its always fun to see it thru a newbys eyes. Give us her throught too. Esp about your special sandwich. So glad I get a cruise in this week!

Thank you for taking us along on another cruise! I truly enjoyed your other 'live' threads and am looking forward to this one. So excited for Judith, I remember my first cruise and how fun and exciting it was.

Sunday Morning, Day 1, Posting From Beautiful Palm Coast, FL

Hello Everyone,

We are all packed and I am about to load the car. We leave for Pet Paradise to drop of the dogs in about 45 minutes and then head on south to Port Canaveral.

Judith is all in a tizzy with excitement for her first cruise. She has spent a lot of time on the Boards here and learned a lot from you guys but nothing will match seeing the FREEDOM for the first time.

For You History Buffs, especially you Brits, here is a link to the story of the Old King's Road built in 1760 during the 20 year period that England owned the Florida Territory. It is a long read but interesting.

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~flgssvc/old-kings-road.pdf

My next post will be from the FREEDOM of the SEAS!

More to come,

Jim

Archived