"LIVE" From the FREEDOM of the SEAS, 8-15 May 2011 (Eastern)

I am so excited for Judith. I remember the anticipation of my first cruise and it is the best! I get the same anticipation with every cruise.

I think it is something unique to cruising that we all share. Happy cruising and can't wait to follow along.

So excited for you and Judith! I know you are just as excited to show her around the ship and begin to join you in your love for cruising!! Haver a WONDERFUL cruise! Cant wait to keep up with you both this week!

We sail the FOS in 6 weeks for the 1st time. I see you are not traveling with kids, but if you could possibly find a copy of the 9-11 Kids' Compass I would be thrilled! I'm specifically trying to find out which days the kids can eat dinner with the counselors at Johnny Rockets (so DH and I can eat at Chops and Portofino!). Thanks so much!

Trainman! So happy to hear you have Judith to share this cruise with! You are going to have so much fun watching her enjoy her first cruise. Wishing you both a great cruise... and looking forward to cruising vicariously with both of you!

Really looking forward to hearing all about your trip!

I'm new to cruising, first ever cruise is in 6 weeks! Like Judith I've been getting a huge amount of advice from these boards and love your previous live from posts but this one is extra interesting as it's also Judith's first cruise.

Hope you both have a fab time, looking forward to cruising with you both!

Trainman I think it's so courageous of you to open your heart to the masses here on this board, allowing us to go on this journey with you. I was saddened when I read about your loss and quickly regained joy when I read about your find. All the best to you and Judith and I hope this cruise is one of many happy moments you'll continue to share. Thanks for allowing us to be a part of it all! Make everyday count.

Here are a few photos of us on board...

DSCN2237.jpg

DSCN2233.jpg

And Judith in the Royal Prominade.

DSCN2241.jpg

Awww, these are my favorite photos so far and you have me smiling! You are a happy, great looking couple and I will be reading along every day with you. So happy for the two of you to have found each other, God bless and have a wonderful (first of many) cruise together! ;)

Well Jim (our Trainman) as you can see you have quite a fan club. We are all excited about your trip and wondering how Judith will like cruising. You said her handle is 'Weaver1' on Cruise Critic...right?? Really hoping she will post cause would love to hear her thoughts on her 1st cruise. I'm sure you two are going to have the greatest time....I'm pumped & I'm not even there. Cheers.

dm.

Sunday Evening, 9:35 pm

I am going to be doing shorter posts with fewer photos each because I have had a number of them lost up in the "clouds" between the ship and you guys!

Judith is having a Ball!

Sailing out of Port Canaveral is always fun and noisy. There are a number of bar/restaurants along the channel and there is a lot of waving and yelling back and forth.

DSCN2255.jpg

DSCN2254.jpg

There are always lots of small boats inbound that are fun to watch.

DSCN2259.jpg

The beach is nice and one day I am gong to drive down there and yell at the ships from one of the bars.

DSCN2257-1.jpg

CopyofDSCN2265.jpg

Finally, the Atlantic Ocean! Onto the Caribbean!

DSCN2267.jpg

We are here on the ship with a group. The Florida Chapters of the Military Officers Association of America (MOAA) are having out annual convention on board. We are all seated together in the Galileo's Dining Room, Deck 5, Port Side.

Judith and I are at a table for four with a really nice older couple.

Here is tonight's menu.

DSCN2272.jpg

We all had the Prime Rib and it was Excellent. A good cut of meat and cooked just the way we ordered it.

DSCN2273.jpg

We skipped desert because we were both full and headed up to the Viking Crown Lounge for a Smoke and a Coke. But we got kicked out of there because they were having a Dinner Mystery Theater. So we went back to our cabin and unpacked.

I have to tell you, right after I booked our cruise I read a few live reports from you. It was a little less than a year ago and you got me hooked on cc. My final payment is due in a week. Which is great because that means my cruise is getting closer. I am soo glad you are doing a live from freedom, because that is what we will be on Aug. 14th. thanks so much for doing live revues.

The kids always seem to have fun with this pool where the water goes round and round.

DSCN2246.jpg

Several years ago Carol and I were walking by it and all of a sudden the kids were swarming out yelling "Poop in the Water!" over and over. :eek:

Archived