Corner Aft or Hump on Explorer?

Which would you prefer? We currently have rooms 7320 and 7322 booked on the Explorer, but the two corner afts are open (7688 and 7388). We could switch easily.

I know these corner afts are popular, so I'd have to do it quick.

I've had 8618, a "hump" cabin twice on the Explorer and we just loved the views front and back as well as how close it was to the elevators. I have never had an aft cabin but know those 2 cabins are highly sought after. Two weeks ago when we were on Explorer I was bored and waiting for my DH to get ready for dinner so I walked to the aft cabins from the elevator just to see how far of a walk it was and it was exactly 100 steps :)

Either cabin you pick I know you will have a great time, we LOVE the Explorer :D

hi we stayed in 7318 hump cabin last nov on explorer and it was a great cabin nice views off balcony and great location close to lifts but we have booked 7688 aft for next november which has a great balcony .

if you look on voyager class.com you will see why we booked the aft cabin

either way both are good cabins and most impotant is that your on a cruise :D:D

which ever 1 you choose have a fantastic cruise

My wife and I had cabin 8318, center hump, on the Explorer on our very first cruise. We loved being able to see down and up the side of the ship.

On our second cruise on the Navitagor of the Seas, we had a corner aft on deck 9. We loved that one even more. Really liked the bigger balcony and the view.

Our next two cruises we have a center hump on the Freedom of the Seas and booked an aft Junior Suite for my wife's birthday cruise.

I don't think you can go wrong with either a hump or corner aft.

Go for the corner aft! I stayed in 1692 on Explorer in February and it was so quiet with a great view. I never heard someone walking by our door and it was relaxing to see the wake of the ship trailing off in the distance. I spent many nights reading out on that balcony. Heaven! It is a long walk down the hallway but consider it exercise to work off the dessert. I never minded it.

After much tense deliberation, I made the change and went with the corner afts!

Thanks for the voyager-class website recommendation, made my choice much more informed.

Now that I'm so excited, I can't believe I have to wait almost a year to see them :D

I am glad it hepled but as you will be going before me you will have to take lots of pictures and let me know how great it is it will be our first time in an aft but the balcony sold it for us :)

we still have a year and a half to go:eek:

Love voyager-class.com! Should have seen us last July....picture this: me on computer on voyager-class.com looking at aft cabins, DH comes up and goes "what you looking at?" I showed him balcony on 7688. He goes "Wow, that's incredible" I go, it's available for xyz $ on the sailing we're looking at PLUS we get platinum discount of xyz $ He goes "Book it":p

Love voyager-class.com! Should have seen us last July....picture this: me on computer on voyager-class.com looking at aft cabins, DH comes up and goes "what you looking at?" I showed him balcony on 7688. He goes "Wow, that's incredible" I go, it's available for xyz $ on the sailing we're looking at PLUS we get platinum discount of xyz $ He goes "Book it":p

Don't you love it when they say book it. My DH says the same thing. We have cabin 7388 booked for our Dec cruise. Can't wait. It's a long walk but I figure with all that eating the exercise will be good.

Mewissy: You will love the aft. We have had 9692 and 9390 on the explorer. Great cabins, but for our 11/4/12 cruise we got 7388, corner aft, which is one of the best aft balconies. We had a cabin crawl last year and one of our M & M friends had 7388, cabin was the same size, but the balcony was great. Don't worry about the long walk, you get used to it, and it's great exercise. Please take pictures. Enjoy

I've had both 7688 (Adventure a month ago) and 7388 (Explorer 5 years ago) and they are both EXCELLENT!!!!

You are NOT going to regret having this corner aft cabin and will LOVE it!

Long walk is great! I actually LOST weight on Adventure a month ago thanks to the walk. And it's so much quieter back there in the hallways because there is hardly any traffic back there.

Here's a link to my Shutterfly page with Explorer pix along with a few shots of the balcony: http://exploreroftheseas2006cruise.shutterfly.com/

Have a WONDERFUL cruise!

Theresa

Which would you prefer? We currently have rooms 7320 and 7322 booked on the Explorer, but the two corner afts are open (7688 and 7388). We could switch easily.

I know these corner afts are popular, so I'd have to do it quick.

Before reading what I assume will be some useful replies, have you done either or both? I have done the humps, but based on much reading by CC people, I would give the AFT a try so I could give my opinion the next time this is asked!

BillOh: We actually have had a hump cabin and the aft twice on the explorer. Hump cabin was a great location, right off the elevator, right by the steps. On the balcony, we had middle cabin, so we could see both ways. It was really nice. But with the aft cabin, there is no comparison with the balcony.You get 2 loungers 2 chairs and a table . Most aft balconies are much larger. So if you spend time on the balcony as we do, aft cabins are the way to go. As others have said, only draw back is the walk to the cabin.

OMG - I just checked out the Voyager class.com website and saw the pics for our 7688 on the NOS this NYE and now I can't wait for sure!!! That is fabulous!

Question for the peeps that have done both the hump and the AFT - is there more movement in the AFT if the seas are bit unsettled? Just wondering as when we were in the Med last fall one day the waves were at 12 metres. We were in the mid section and we really felt it there :eek:. Hoping the AFT is a good choice if weather is off.

OMG - I just checked out the Voyager class.com website and saw the pics for our 7688 on the NOS this NYE and now I can't wait for sure!!! That is fabulous!

Question for the peeps that have done both the hump and the AFT - is there more movement in the AFT if the seas are bit unsettled? Just wondering as when we were in the Med last fall one day the waves were at 12 metres. We were in the mid section and we really felt it there :eek:. Hoping the AFT is a good choice if weather is off.

We're just back from Mariner where we had corner aft 7388. I couldn't feel much difference between midship and our cabin, but did feel a huge difference in the front of the ship. One day we had 9 foot waves and 30 knot winds and that was the day I did the backstage tour of the theatre (right in the bow) Despite having taken a double dose of meclizine, I felt queasy and just made it back to the cabin before being sick. Within 10 minutes of being back in the aft cabin I felt perfectly OK again.. One added benefit of this sheltered corner aft cabin is that we were able to sunbathe 3 of the 4 seadays which were all too windy for comfort on the pool deck (the other was cloudy and rainy)

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats, Mewissy! You will enjoy the aft! We were there on the 4/28 and had switched from a hump. YES---definitely more walking, but peaceful and views that go on forever back there!

I'll link you some pictures we took as soon as I get them all up and organized....LOL....I took almost 600 pictures! Congrats again! :D

Archived