RCCL Adventure Ocean age?

cherishrwil

We are planning a cruise next summer with our family of 4. Our youngest will be three 5 days into our 9 day cruise. I know the RCCL website says that in order to participate in the camp that three year olds have to be fully potty trained and three years old the first day of the cruise. Does anyone know if they will make an exception with age if they turn three during the cruise? Thanks!

It depends on how many kids are on board at the time--they may waive it, but don't count on it. But realize, if everyone who has a "age issue" wanted a waiver of the rules, there would be no need for rules, so cruise lines have to set a standard. You'd always find some who'll say "my child will turn 21 on the last day of the cruise, so why can't he drink", or "my child will be three the next week of the cruise, so why can't he go into the kid's program, it's just a few days". Like I said, you can ask, but don't be surprised if you're told no.

I talked with RC and they said that I can go to Guest Relations and change his info/age on his birthday and then go to AO and sign him up. So, hopefully they will end up doing that so he can at least enjoy being in AO part of the cruise.

I talked with RC and they said that I can go to Guest Relations and change his info/age on his birthday and then go to AO and sign him up. So, hopefully they will end up doing that so he can at least enjoy being in AO part of the cruise.

Do you talk to them after you are onboard or before? DH is afraid if we call ahead and "misinform" them that they will deny boarding.

Your husband is right, you can't "misinform" them because then you risk being denied boarding if the papers don't match. :eek:

We had the same issue with our youngest when we were on Freedom so we chose to move the cruise a week. Her 3rd bday was on the 27th, the cruise began on the 24th, so we moved it to the following week.

Here is what RCI will do in your case. On the DAY of your daughter's 3rd birthday, you can enroll her in Adventure Ocean. You cannot do it until she turns 3. It is an insurance/liability issue. It has nothing to do with them just being nice. ;)

So for the 1st 4 days, you will not be able to enroll her into Adventure Ocean. Then on the 5th day, you will. :)

Do you talk to them after you are onboard or before? DH is afraid if we call ahead and "misinform" them that they will deny boarding.

They said once we are onboard and on his birthday to go to Guest Relations to change his info. They will have his birth certificate so I don't know how they would be misinformed and deny boarding?

Your husband is right, you can't "misinform" them because then you risk being denied boarding if the papers don't match. :eek:

We had the same issue with our youngest when we were on Freedom so we chose to move the cruise a week. Her 3rd bday was on the 27th, the cruise began on the 24th, so we moved it to the following week.

Here is what RCI will do in your case. On the DAY of your daughter's 3rd birthday, you can enroll her in Adventure Ocean. You cannot do it until she turns 3. It is an insurance/liability issue. It has nothing to do with them just being nice. ;)

So for the 1st 4 days, you will not be able to enroll her into Adventure Ocean. Then on the 5th day, you will. :)

I wanted to cruise after his birthday but we are going with my parents and my Dad has to work at that time so we have to do the earlier date.

I do really hope they let us sign him up on his 3rd birthday. I was just a little hesitant because their website says they have to be 3 by the first day of the cruise. I was wondering about the liability issue though. How does that work when there are kids younger than 3 for the group babysitting after 10pm? Is it different because you are paying for the babysitting so you can have kids under 3 there?

I wanted to cruise after his birthday but we are going with my parents and my Dad has to work at that time so we have to do the earlier date.

I do really hope they let us sign him up on his 3rd birthday. I was just a little hesitant because their website says they have to be 3 by the first day of the cruise. I was wondering about the liability issue though. How does that work when there are kids younger than 3 for the group babysitting after 10pm? Is it different because you are paying for the babysitting so you can have kids under 3 there?

The web site is misleading when it talks about "group babysitting" because on some ships they do have group babysitting. On the other ships they have IN CABIN sitting. So which ship are you on? Are you on a ship with a nursery? If yes, then it is group sitting. If no, then it is IN CABIN sitting.

I was worried about the Customer Service thing too. But parents here have come back to report that their child was allowed to go to AO on their 3rd bday.

The web site is misleading when it talks about "group babysitting" because on some ships they do have group babysitting. On the other ships they have IN CABIN sitting. So which ship are you on? Are you on a ship with a nursery? If yes, then it is group sitting. If no, then it is IN CABIN sitting.

I was worried about the Customer Service thing too. But parents here have come back to report that their child was allowed to go to AO on their 3rd bday.

We will be on Enchantment of the Seas and I don't think they have a nursery so they will only have in cabin babysitting then and no group babysitting in AO for the late night party zone?

That's good to hear about other parents being able to enroll their child in AO on their 3rd birthday! Thanks for your help :)

We will be on Enchantment of the Seas and I don't think they have a nursery so they will only have in cabin babysitting then and no group babysitting in AO for the late night party zone?

That's good to hear about other parents being able to enroll their child in AO on their 3rd birthday! Thanks for your help :)

Enchantment does not have a nursery. ;) That's my next cruise -- leaving in 10 days. :D I will have lots and lots of pics when I get back. So I can ask AO if you would like me to about the age 3 on the bday thing just to confirm. :)

I plan on stopping by and grabbing the AO pages even though the kids won't be with me on this one. My cruise will be a 5 night. But I can talk to the AO staff for ya. I'll post here when I get back.

And yes, it will be in cabin sitting on Enchantment until your child turns 3. They do not allow the Under 3's in AO.

Enchantment does not have a nursery. ;) That's my next cruise -- leaving in 10 days. :D I will have lots and lots of pics when I get back. So I can ask AO if you would like me to about the age 3 on the bday thing just to confirm. :)

I plan on stopping by and grabbing the AO pages even though the kids won't be with me on this one. My cruise will be a 5 night. But I can talk to the AO staff for ya. I'll post here when I get back.

And yes, it will be in cabin sitting on Enchantment until your child turns 3. They do not allow the Under 3's in AO.

That would be wonderful, thank you!!! I'm sure I will have lot's of ?'s for you too! Have fun on your cruise and can't wait to see pics and hear how it went when you get back!

• 2 weeks later...

FYI you sign up for in room baby sitting as soon as you get onboard. It books up fast, also rccl changed policy, you now get 2 baby sitters for the price of one. they charge by the hour, we have done this about 30 times onboard and never had an issue.

David

• 2 weeks later...
CruisinMama- how was your cruise?! Can't wait to hear your review!!!

It was wonderful!!!!! :D But so different from every other cruise that I have ever been on because...the kids stayed home. :eek: So I was seriously lost for the first 2 days trying to figure out what I was going to do without them. Usually I have my schedule down on the ship with kids - this time, I was off schedule.

I am working on the review now.

But, for your question, I went to guest relations on board since I had so much new found time on my hands. And they said yes, they could change the age on his bday and he could enter AO on his bday.

Enjoy your cruise. I will write a review and link it soon. :)

It was wonderful!!!!! :D But so different from every other cruise that I have ever been on because...the kids stayed home. :eek: So I was seriously lost for the first 2 days trying to figure out what I was going to do without them. Usually I have my schedule down on the ship with kids - this time, I was off schedule.

I am working on the review now.

But, for your question, I went to guest relations on board since I had so much new found time on my hands. And they said yes, they could change the age on his bday and he could enter AO on his bday.

Enjoy your cruise. I will write a review and link it soon. :)

Thanks so much for finding that out for me! Can't wait to hear how it went! Will you post any pics and did you get any AO Compass's? Thanks again :)

Thanks so much for finding that out for me! Can't wait to hear how it went! Will you post any pics and did you get any AO Compass's? Thanks again :)

Oh my yes, lots and lots of pictures! :D I started working on the review here...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1423890

I grabbed the AO compasses and for the days I missed, I will ask another CCer to send them to me. Just have to take a look to see what I have and don't have.

Oh my yes, lots and lots of pictures! :D I started working on the review here...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1423890

I grabbed the AO compasses and for the days I missed, I will ask another CCer to send them to me. Just have to take a look to see what I have and don't have.

Looks great, thanks so much! I'm sure I'll have some more questions for you before we cruise next summer.

Archived