Are suites ready quick/dry cleaning

Kharalew

Are Grand suites ready when you board or do we wait 'till 1:30ish like all other guests? We are going to be in a G.S. on the Fantasy next week. My second question is if there is dry cleaning on the ship? I have never been on a cruise so I have no idea:confused:

Thanks!

Are Grand suites ready when you board or do we wait 'till 1:30ish like all other guests? We are going to be in a G.S. on the Fantasy next week. My second question is if there is dry cleaning on the ship? I have never been on a cruise so I have no idea:confused:

Thanks!

Pretty sure you have to wait with the rest of the huddled masses.

Thanks for the quick replies! Our friend has decided to join us on the cruise and he needed to know if our room would be ready right away so he could dry clean his suit before hand and hang it immediately. If our room would not be ready right away, then he was hoping to dry clean it on board. Oh well, a double no-go for him. I'm not as picky... my evening gown is already folded up in my suitcase ;).

Thanks for the quick replies! Our friend has decided to join us on the cruise and he needed to know if our room would be ready right away so he could dry clean his suit before hand and hang it immediately. If our room would not be ready right away, then he was hoping to dry clean it on board. Oh well, a double no-go for him. I'm not as picky... my evening gown is already folded up in my suitcase ;).

I hear you there. Over the years, I tend to buy really awesome dresses that do not need to be ironed. I will say this - if he wants to go ahead and have it cleaned, they do offer "pressing" services for a fee. I would not have my suit pressed; but if he is concerned with his shirt, he can have it cleaned in advance and I hate to report, the cost of this ironing service is around 10 bucks! YIKES! Just to have a cleaned shirt ironed.

Tell your friend, "NO WORRIES!" There are lots and lots of wrinkled folks on board. LOL.

About dry cleaning.

When I bring on my Tux or suits, they are normally freshly dry cleaned. I have had no need to have them dry cleaned on board ship as long as I either hand carried them, or properly packed them. If they were wrinkled upon arrival, send them out for pressing.

Why on earth would you want to bring something on vacation that needed dry cleaning?

My very few things that are dry clean only I wear more than once.

Well, he is bringing a nice suit for the formal night. He said he wanted to dry clean it so that it will look nice. He didn't want to iron it b/c he thinks it doesn't look as good.

I hear you there. Over the years, I tend to buy really awesome dresses that do not need to be ironed. I will say this - if he wants to go ahead and have it cleaned, they do offer "pressing" services for a fee. I would not have my suit pressed; but if he is concerned with his shirt, he can have it cleaned in advance and I hate to report, the cost of this ironing service is around 10 bucks! YIKES! Just to have a cleaned shirt ironed.

Tell your friend, "NO WORRIES!" There are lots and lots of wrinkled folks on board. LOL.

Next time you cruise check the slips they have in the closet with the laundry bags. I believe the pricing has changed on this. On our last cruise earlier this month their was a slip to have 12 garmets pressed for $20. I'm seriously considering this for our next cruise instead of ironing before we leave :)

My husband has taken suits and tux and both looked perfect by the time he needed to wear them. And I pack several days before we leave. Just hang them as soon as luggage is delivered to your room.

I don't think it's weird to want to get something dry cleaned when you get on board, on RCCL and HAL the dry cleaning is so cheap, and they do such a good job, that we save our dry cleaning until we get on the ship! Then we get everything cleaned for much cheaper than it would be at home and it is all ready to go for formal night. Unfortunately Carnival don't offer this service so if/when we cruise with them we will have to board already cleaned!

Well, he is bringing a nice suit for the formal night. He said he wanted to dry clean it so that it will look nice. He didn't want to iron it b/c he thinks it doesn't look as good.

the ship can do a pressing (not dry cleaning)

when you board the cabin stewards are the ones distributing luggage. He is not going to be able to get his suit taken care of until later that evening anyhow.

If you get the suit dry cleaned before you go- keep it in the bag and fold it in the suit case. The bag helps prevent a lot of wrinkles.

Archived